The One Show’s Team Rickshaw Challenge heading through St Albans on way to Hatfield
PUBLISHED: 14:57 14 November 2014 | UPDATED: 20:09 14 November 2014
The One Show’s Team Rickshaw riders are on their way through St Albans heading in the direction of Hatfield.
Team Rickshaw for BBC Children in Need
* To support the challenge and donate £5, text TEAM to 70705. Alternatively to donate £10, text TEAM to 70710.
* Texts cost £5 or £10 respectively plus one standard rate message; £5 or £10 will go to BBC Children in Need.
* Go to bbc.co.uk/pudsey for full terms and conditions. You must be over 16 and ask the bill payer’s permission.
After a wet start to the eighth and final day of the team’s epic ride for BBC Children in Need 2014, the young cyclists are currently in St Albans, Hertfordshire.
They are running slightly behind schedule after making a diversion on their way to St Albans from Great Missenden, to stop off at a Children in Need project in Hemel Hempstead.
Accompanied by The One Show presenter Matt Baker, the fundraisers are now on the final leg of their 450-mile ‘Salford to Walford’ journey, which will end later today at the EastEnders set at Elstree Studios, in Borehamwood.
The ride has so far raised more than £900,000 for the charity.
Their route is currently taking them along Hatfield Road, according to the BBC’s Children in Need tracker, and they will pedal into Hatfield on the A1057.
The rickshaw crew will past through the centre of Hatfield, before heading along the Great North Road in the direction of Brookmans Park.
The cyclists will follow the A1000 to Little Heath, before turning down Church Road and then along Darkes Lane, Potters Bar.
The route will later see the rickshaw approach Elstree Way, in Borehamwood, and their final destination – the EastEnders set.
* Viewers of The One Show can follow Team Rickshaw’s progress each day, and updates will also be available online at bbc.co.uk/pudsey and on Twitter via #TeamRickshaw. The route and current progress are also shown at pudsey.viewranger.com
* If you spot the Team Rickshaw riders in Hertfordshire, email your pictures to the Welwyn Hatfield Times and Potters Bar Edition at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.