Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Will Jake Wood’s Charleston take him through to the semi-finals?
PUBLISHED: 17:56 06 December 2014 | UPDATED: 20:32 07 December 2014
EastEnders actor Jake Wood battles for a place in the semi-finals of Strictly Come Dancing tonight.
Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman present Strictly Come Dancing, as the pressure mounts for the celebrities to shine on the ballroom floor.
After Sunetra Sarker’s departure last Sunday, the six remaining couples take to the floor again tonight (Saturday) in the quarter-finals of Strictly Come Dancing 2014.
But who will manage to make it to the semi-finals next weekend?
With just three live shows to go, things are certainly hotting up in the battle of the ballroom and no one is safe from the dreaded dance-off.
After last week’s Zorba the Greek-inspired Argentine Tango, snake-hipped Tewin talent Jake Wood and professional dancer Janette Manrara will be performing the Charleston to ‘Entry of the Gladiators’ by Ken Griffin’s Circus Band on tonight’s week 11 live show.
They, along with the other celebrities and their professional partners, will be hoping to impress the Strictly judges – Len, Darcy, Bruno and Craig – and win over the audience at home to take another step closer to the coveted Glitterball trophy.
The competition gets even tougher tonight as not only do the couples perform a routine, they will also take to the floor in a ‘Walzathon’.
The public will then cast their votes, deciding which pairings will go head-to-head in the dance-off on Sunday’s Strictly Results show.
Here are the dances and music for tonight’s Week 11 Live Show:
* Caroline Flack and Pasha Kovalev will be performing the Argentine Tango to the Traditional Version of ‘La Cumparsita’.
* Frankie Bridge and Kevin Clifton will be performing the Salsa to the Freemasons’ Remix of ‘Work’ by Kelly Rowland.
* Simon Webbe and Kristina Rihanoff will be performing the American Smooth to ‘Heartache Tonight’ by Michael Buble.
* Mark Wright and Karen Hauer will be performing the Foxtrot to ‘L-O-V-E’ by Nat King Cole.
* Jake Wood and Janette Manrara will be performing the Charleston to ‘Entry of the Gladiators’ by Ken Griffin’s Circus Band.
* Pixie Lott and Trent Whiddon will be performing the Cha Cha to the Glee Cast version of ‘Love Shack’.
* Strictly Come Dancing starts at 7pm with the Results Show on at 7.20pm on Sunday.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.