Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Week four dance-off result
PUBLISHED: 23:53 19 October 2014 | UPDATED: 23:53 19 October 2014
EastEnders actor Jake Wood is through to Strictly Come Dancing’s final 12 after Tim Wonnacott became the third contestant to leave the 2014 series.
After the judges’ scores and viewers’ votes were combined, Tim Wonnacott and Mark Wright finished in the bottom two.
That meant BBC Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills and tennis coach Judy Murray both avoided the dreaded dance-off, despite failing to win over the judges during Saturday’s week four live show.
Bargain Hunt presenter Tim took to the dance floor for the final time in Sunday’s Strictly Come Dancing results show, after unanimously losing the elimination battle to Mark Wright.
Jake Wood, meanwhile, finished joint top of the leaderboard on Saturday night alongside TV presenter Caroline Flack.
The snake-hipped star from Tewin, many people’s favourite for the Strictly 2014 crown, was never likely to finish in the bottom two with professional partner Janette Manrara after the viewers’ votes were added to the judges’ scores.
His jive to All Shook Up by Elvis won applause from the studio audience, and the judges scored it 33 out of a possible 40.
During Saturday’s live show Tim Wonnacott, with pro dancer Natalie Lowe, danced a Paso Doble to Tina Turner’s Simply the Best.
However, the judges didn’t think the antiques expert’s best was quite good enough and they were awarded a paltry score of 19, the second lowest of the night.
In the SCD results show, Tim and Natalie surprisingly found themselves up against Towie star and radio DJ Mark Wright and partner Karen Hauer.
They had scored a respectable 29 on Saturday for their quickstep to Tiger Feet by Mud.
After both couples had danced again, the judges decided to save Mark and Karen.
Below is the full list of celebrities and the dances they performed on Saturday’s live Strictly show:
* Jake Wood and Janette Manrara: Jive to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
* Caroline Flack and Pasha Kovalev: Quickstep to We Go Together from the musical Grease.
* Frankie Bridge and Kevin Clifton: Cha Cha to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
* Pixie Lott and Trent Whiddon: Rumba to Stay With Me by Sam Smith.
* Simon Webbe and Kristina Rihanoff: Charleston to My Old Man (Said Follow The Van).
* Thom Evans and Iveta Lukosuite: Foxtrot to Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations.
* Mark Wright and Karen Hauer: Quickstep to Tiger Feet by Mud.
* Alison Hammond and Aljaž Skorjanec: Samba to Bootylicious by Destiny’s Child.
* Steve Backshall and Ola Jordan: Salsa to Jump in the Line by Harry Belafonte.
* Sunetra Sarker and Brendan Cole: Salsa to Turn the Beat Around by Vicki Sue Robinson.
* Judy Murray and Anton Du Beke: Tango to Jealousy by Billy Fury.
* Tim Wonnacott and Natalie Lowe: Paso Doble to The Best by Tina Turner.
* Scott Mills and Joanne Clifton: American Smooth to Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.