Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Jake tackles Argentine Tango to Zorba the Greek
EastEnders actor Jake Wood will be performing an Argentine Tango on tonight's Strictly Come Dancing show as the seven remaining couples take to the floor in week 10 of the BBC One competition.
With only four more weekends until one of the seven remaining celebrities gets their hands on the Glitterball Trophy, the competition is getting tougher.
This week Strictly goes ‘Around The World’ in an evening of spectacular music, costumes and surprises from across the globe.
Presented live from Elstree Studios, co-hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman welcome the contestants back to the floor in a bid to guarantee their spot in the competition as the final draws ever near.
As ever, judges Len Goodman, Darcey Bussell, Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli will have their scoring paddles at the ready.
Plus the pros are joined by some of the UK’s best Bollywood dancers in a visual and musical spectacular to start the show.
At the end of the programme, the voting lines will open and it is down to the public to save their favourite couple from the dreaded dance-off in Sunday night’s results show.
Tonight (Saturday) each of the couples will be performing a routine inspired by another country.
After last week’s energetic bum-shaking samba, snake-hipped Strictly favourite Jake, who plays Max Branning in EastEnders, and professional dance partner Janette Manrara will be tackling an Argentine Tango to Zorba the Greek, or as Jake calls it a ‘Zango’.
Taking to Twitter, Hertfordshire-based actor Jake tweeted from his Twitter account @mrjakedwood: “LOVING our Argentinian Tango @JManrara”
Last night (Friday), Janette tweeted: “Still at Elstree, & will be here another 2 hours! Long days of hard work but so worth it for a great Saturday night show! @bbcstrictly”
Here are the dances the remaining couples will be performing and the music that will be performed live tonight (Saturday night) by the Dave Arch band:
* Caroline Flack and Pasha Kovalev will be performing the Charleston to They Might Be Giant’s version of ‘Istanbul’. (TURKEY)
* Frankie Bridge and Kevin Clifton will be performing the Jive to ‘Surfin’ USA’ by The Beach Boys. (USA)
* Jake Wood and Janette Manrara will be performing the Argentine Tango to ‘Zorba The Greek’. (GREECE)
* Mark Wright and Karen Hauer will be performing the Salsa to ‘Viva Las Vegas’ by Elvis Presley. (USA)
* Pixie Lott and Trent Whiddon will be performing the Viennese Waltz to ‘Tulips From Amsterdam’ by Max Bygraves. (NETHERLANDS)
* Simon Webbe and Kristina Rihanoff will be performing the Waltz to ‘Edelweiss’ from The Sound of Music. (AUSTRIA)
* Sunetra Sarker and Brendan Cole will be performing the Rumba to Michael Bolton’s version of ‘Girl From Ipanema’. (BRAZIL)
Strictly Come Dancing starts at 7pm on BBC One tonight (Saturday).