Slipknot confirmed as first Sonisphere 2011 festival headliner for Knebworth

PUBLISHED: 11:00 03 December 2010 | UPDATED: 09:28 05 December 2010

Crowds at Sonisphere

Crowds at Sonisphere

Casey Gutteridge 07525246273

METAL legends Slipknot will headline the 2011 Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House.

Sonisphere Festival

Iowa’s favourite sons were today (Friday) confirmed as the first headliner for the three-day rock and metal event at the Hertfordshire stately home.

After the huge success of this year’s sold-out event, the world’s only internationally touring festival returns to Knebworth a few weeks earlier next summer, running from July 8 through to July 10.

And mask-wearing Americans Slipknot will be returning to these shores for an exclusive UK performance at the legendary rock venue.

Fronted by Corey Taylor, Slipknot have long been rumoured for Knebworth in the Welwyn Hatfield Times.

Next summer’s Sonisphere dates mark the nine-piece band’s first without founding member and bassist Paul Gray, who tragically passed away earlier this year.

A statement from the Grammy Award-winning group said: “We’re looking forward to spending our summer in Europe.

“This tour is about us and our fans. It’s about celebrating the life of our brother, Paul and his legacy.

“The door is neither open nor closed. This tour is about burning down that door. See you this summer.”

The other headliners for Knebworth will be announced on Monday.

A Sonisphere statement said: “Although the full line up for 2011 can not yet be revealed, some hugely exciting names are already confirmed, and will be announced on Monday, alongside details of free festival tickets abroad, plus the return of Sonisphere’s hugely successful deposit scheme.”

* Check back at www.whtimes24.co.uk for Monday’s line-up announcement and full ticketing information.

Related articles

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Welwyn Hatfield Times

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists