Sir Elton John's Magic Summer Live support acts at Hatfield House concert
PUBLISHED: 00:13 14 July 2011 | UPDATED: 23:31 15 July 2011
AS the countdown continues to the first Magic Summer Live concert at Hatfield House, the Welwyn Hatfield Times looks at the acts supporting Sir Elton John on Sunday with the help of DJ Neil Fox.
HEADLINER Sir Elton John is being supported by a string of artists at the Hatfield House concert on July 17.
The Lighthouse Family, Rumer, The Overtones, Wonderland and The Pierces will all perform sets at the open-air gig being held in the grounds of the stately home.
DJ Neil Fox explained why these five acts were chosen to support one of the world’s greatest performers at Magic Summer Live.
“To go with Elton we’ve got a great mix of artists. We’ve picked acts we think those who like Elton’s music will appreciate.
“They will be totally live sessions, it’s all about live music.”
* Wonderland are an Irish girl-band who released their debut album earlier this year.
Foxy said: “Wonderland are a Kian Egan from Westlife and Louis Walsh creation.
“They are good and are really excited about the concert.”
* Rumer is a British-born solo artist, who Foxy described as “class”.
“People want to perform with Rumer,” Foxy added.
* The Overtones are a five-piece vocal harmony group.
Foxy said: “We’ve had them in here singing before and they are something special,” he added.
* The Pierces are sisters Allison and Catherine, originally from Birmingham, Alabama, but now living in New York.
Their latest album, You & I, is co-produced by Guy Berryman of Coldplay fame.
* The Lighthouse Family are the most well known of the supporting acts and Foxy believes the band will “go down a storm”.
“They were absolutely massive. Everyone knows their hits.”
He added: “And when you put all this together, it’s a real interesting line-up.”