Apply to become Rock at the Castle's 2018 charity
PUBLISHED: 13:24 01 March 2018 | UPDATED: 13:25 01 March 2018
Supplied by Hertford Town Council
Charities can now apply to become the beneficiary of an annual music festival in Hertford.
Rock at the Castle is in its 14th year and has become a well-established and very popular part of Hertford Town Council’s annual events programme.
The free charity event has raised over £42,000 so far through donations by visitors attending the festival in the grounds of Hertford Castle.
This year’s music bash will take place on Sunday, August 5 from 12.30am to 7.30pm.
The town council is offering the opportunity to local charities and organisations to apply to become the Rock at the Castle charity for 2018.
Councillor Jane Sartin, chairman of the town council’s development and leisure committee, said: “Rock at the Castle presents a great opportunity for a local charity or community organisation to raise both money and its profile.
“If you’re involved in an organisation that’s making a difference in Hertford, do think about applying to be the beneficiary of this year’s event.”
Applicants will need to meet the following criteria:
• A local/national registered charity or similarly constituted body with a strong presence in Hertford
• Be able to demonstrate that its work and initiatives are of benefit to Hertford and the local community
• A charity that has the creativity and enthusiasm to maintain fundraising
• Be able to provide a sufficient number of volunteers to assist at the event itself.
Last year’s beneficiary was Richard Hale School, marking its 400th anniversary.
A total of £3,559 was raised on the day from fundraising for the school’s anniversary appeal to build and equip a state-of-the-arts sports hall.
The deadline for applications to become the nominated charity is Friday, May 18, 2018.
Hertford Town Council’s development and leisure committee will make a decision on which organisation will be the beneficiary of the event at their meeting in June.
• To obtain a copy of the criteria and application form, visit www.hertford.gov.uk/events and search for Rock at the Castle.
Alternatively, contact Hertford Town Council’s events team on 01992 552885, or email email@example.com