Herts Jazz Festival 2015 line-up confirmed for Welwyn Garden City
PUBLISHED: 18:18 27 April 2015 | UPDATED: 09:55 01 May 2015
Organisers have confirmed the headliners and line-up for the fifth Herts Jazz Festival taking place in Welwyn Garden City this September.
Herts Jazz Festival ticket details
* Early-bird weekend passes cost £99, £90 Herts Jazz members, and £40 students.
* Early-bird weekend tickets are on sale until June 30.
* Regular priced weekend tickets will be £110, £99 Herts Jazz members, and £45 students.
* Early-bird Saturday and Sunday tickets will be available from July 1 to July 15.
* Individual gig tickets will be available from July 16.
* All tickets have allocated seats at no extra cost.
The jazz showcase will return to the Hawthorne Theatre complex at Campus West from Friday, September 18 to Sunday, September 20.
Herts Jazz promoters have finally announced the event’s 2015 line-up.
The three headliners will be the 21-piece Loose Tubes, making a very rare appearance, Claire Martin, and the first-ever show for Big Band Britannia, playing the music of UK jazz legends Tubby Hayes and Stan Tracey.
The two-and-a-half days celebration of jazz will also include performances from Dennis Rollins’ Velocity trio, Alan Barnes, the Three Tenors, Julian Arguelles Tetra, Leon Greening, Fionna Duncan, Bryan Spring and many more.
Festival director Clark Tracey, Stan’s son, said: “We are all proud to have established the Herts Jazz Festival in the UK jazz calendar.
“Our fifth programme is our most exciting yet.
“Jazz-lovers know that they will see the very best of British jazz in a comfortable and friendly venue where the focus is completely on the music and its enjoyment.”
The festival will have a similar format to last year’s event, with free-of-charge sessions in the Hawthorne Theatre foyer during the lunch and dinner intervals and after hours.
The Herts Jazz Festival is again being supported by Arts Council England.
Festival weekend tickets are now on sale at www.hertsjazzfestival.co.uk and at the Hawthorne Theatre box office on 0300 3039 620.
Herts Jazz Festival Programme
Friday, September 18
* 8.30pm-11.pm: Loose Tubes
* 11pm-12.30am: After hours in the foyer – Bryan Spring Trio (FREE).
Saturday, September 19
* 11.30am-12.30pm: Dennis Rollins’ Velocity Trio
* 1pm-2pm: Alan Barnes Quintet featuring Tony Kofi
* 2pm-3pm: Lunch in the foyer – Nat Steele Trio (FREE)
* 3.15pm-4.30pm: The Three Tenors
* 5pm-6.15pm: Maltese Connection
* 6.15pm-7.30pm: Dinner in the foyer – Jim Mullen Organ Trio (FREE)
* 7.45pm-10.15pm: Claire Martin Quartet
* 10.30pm-12am: After hours in the foyer – Brian Kellock Trio.
Sunday, September 20
* 11.30am-12.30pm: Herts Youth Jazz Ensemble (FREE)
* 1pm-2pm: Fionna Duncan Trio
* 2pm-3pm: Lunch in the foyer – Nikki Iles & Karen Sharp (FREE)
* 3.15pm-4.30pm: Leon Greening Quartet
* 5pm-6.15pm: Julian Arguelles Tetra
* 6.15pm-7.30pm: Dinner in the foyer – Chris Eldred Trio (FREE)
* 7.45pm-10.15pm: Big Band Britannia: the music of Tubby Hayes and Stan Tracey.