Enter Shikari's The Mindsweep album release details
PUBLISHED: 17:59 09 October 2014 | UPDATED: 18:03 09 October 2014
Enter Shikari have confirmed release details of their eagerly-awaited fourth studio album The Mindsweep.
The Forum Hertfordshire favourites from St Albans will release The Mindsweep on Monday, January 19, 2015, via Ambush Reality / Play It Again Sam.
It is the result of a month spent at Chapel Studios in Lincolnshire last spring, once again with Dan Weller in the producer’s chair.
The album’s 12 tracks were mixed by Jeremy Wheatley, of The Vaccines, Dizzee Rascal, Sugababes, Bon Jovi fame, in London during the summer.
On the subject of The Mindsweep, vocalist Rou Reynolds said: “We pushed ourselves vocally with some of the rawest, angriest vocals we’ve ever done, as well as some of the most dulcet and delicate.
Enter Shikari band members
Enter Shikari are:
* Rou Reynolds (Vocals / Electronics / Trumpet / Guitar)
* Rory Clewlow (Guitar / Vocals)
* Chris Batten (Bass / Vocals)
* Rob Rolfe (Drums / Percussion / Vocals)
“It’s even more diverse than normal as we’ve built more confidence and fearlessness to widen our influences further.
“Melody and aggression will always be an important side of what we do, but with this album there was also a concerted effort to concentrate on texture, too.”
The full track listing for The Mindsweep is:
1. The Appeal & The Mindsweep I
"Melody and aggression will always be an important side of what we do, but with this album there was also a concerted effort to concentrate on texture, too."
2. The One True Colour
4. The Last Garrison
5. Never Let Go Of The Microscope
7. Torn Apart
9. The Bank Of England
10. There’s A Price On Your Head
11. Dear Future Historians...
12. The Appeal & The Mindsweep II
Rou added: “Alongside the core of our guitar, bass, drums, electronics set-up, there’s so much new instrumentation and orchestration.
“Writing for and recording woodwind, brass and strings was so rewarding and really felt like it brought a new dimension to the music.
“Just can’t wait to play these songs live now!”
The Mindsweep comes almost exactly three years to the day after the release of the band’s last full-length studio effort, A Flash Flood Of Colour.
On release, ‘… Flash Flood’ entered the UK midweek chart at number one and continued the band’s journey both musically and physically, touring around the world at least twice during the album campaign and seeing large sold-out shows in territories as far flung as Russia and Indonesia.
Last year saw the band release three standalone singles – The Paddington Frisk, Radiate and Rat Race – and headline the second stage at Download Festival.
In June, the post-hardcore quartet – Rou, Rory Clewlow, Chris Batten and Rob Rolfe – played their only UK headline show of 2014 at The Forum in Hatfield – selling out the University of Hertfordshire Students’ Union venue in record time.
Enter Shikari hit the road again in 2015 with a series of dates across Europe and the UK.
UK 2015 tour dates are:
* Monday, February 16: PORTSMOUTH, PYRAMIDS.
* Tuesday, February 17: CARDIFF, YPLAS.
* Wednesday, February 18: WOLVERHAMPTON, CIVIC.
* Friday, February 20: MANCHESTER, ACADEMY.
* SAT 21: GLASGOW, BARROWLAND.
* SUN 22: MIDDLESBROUGH, TOWN HALL.
* TUE 24: CAMBRIDGE, CORN EXCHANGE.
* WED 25: NORWICH, UEA.
* THUR 26: LONDON, ROUNDHOUSE.
* Tickets and album pre-orders went on sale at noon today (Thursday) from the band’s website www.entershikari.com