Knebworth House, Park and Gardens ready for 2018 visitor season
PUBLISHED: 10:20 18 March 2018 | UPDATED: 20:11 25 March 2018
Knebworth House, Park and Gardens opens again next weekend - and season tickets are available for those wishing to visit the historic Hertfordshire estate throughout the summer.
Set in 250 acres of rolling Hertfordshire countryside, Knebworth House is one of England’s most colourful stately homes.
With its Gothic exterior, complete with turrets, domes and gargoyles, it has been in the Lytton family for more than 500 years.
Knebworth House, Park, Gardens, Adventure Playground and Dinosaur Trail will be open to the public on weekends and school holidays between Saturday, March 24 and Sunday, September 30.
Winner of Hertfordshire Tourism Awards’ Big Day Out category in 2017, the price of a Knebworth Park & Gardens season ticket has been held at just £40 for 2018.
More than 1,000 season tickets were sold last year, and officials at the stately home hope to sell even more this summer.
A season ticket offers free entry to the park, gardens, adventure playground and dinosaur trail on over 100 open days between March 24 and September 30.
Entry to the House itself isn’t included in the season tickets.
Knebworth Park is known internationally as Britain’s largest music venue.
On general open days, the 250 acres of beautiful landscaped parkland is perfect for strolls, dog walks and picnics.
The gardens at Knebworth were largely designed by two of Britain’s most renowned landscape designers – Sir Edwin Lutyens and Gertrude Jekyll.
The 28 acres of formal gardens are separated into distinct ‘garden rooms’, bringing a variety of landscapes and colourful plants within each area.
Popular features include the maze, rose garden, walled vegetable garden and tropical borders.
Meanwhile, the fantastic Fort Knebworth adventure playground has brought joy to thousands of children over its 40-year history.
Enjoy the astro and drop slides, play on the swings, slides and obstacle course, whizz down the zip wire, try the interactive splash water play features and bounce on the new bouncy castle. Everything a kid needs to burn off energy!
Kids also love dinosaurs, and follow the dino trail through the Wilderness Garden and discover the fearsome prehistoric creatures in the shrubbery.
As well as entry to the park and gardens, Knebworth’s 2018 season ticket offers free entry to even more events.
Entry to the following is included in the season ticket price:
• March 30-31: Easter Trail (trail sheet costs £1 extra)
• April 1-2: Easter Medieval Jousting
• April 15: PJ Masks in the Park
• May 5-7: Hertfordshire Garden Show
• May 12: Dino Adventure (trail sheet costs £1 extra)
• May 26-27: Homes & Antiques Fair
• June 17: Father’s Day Medieval Jousting
• June 16 – September 2: Garden Sculpture Trail
• July 21-22: The Great British Food Festival
• July 28-29: Decorative Salvage & Vintage Fair
• August 11-12: Country, Steam & Craft Fair
• August 18: Dino Adventure (trail sheet costs £1 extra)
• August 26-27 Classic Motor Show
Entry to all of these events would normally cost over £120.
Furthermore, season ticket holders receive:
• 10% discount on all Garden Terrace Tea Room purchases, perfect for a quick pit stop or winding down after a fun-filled day.
• 10% off select purchases in the gift shop.
• 10% discount on exclusive bookings at Knebworth Barns.
For further details about events at Knebworth Barns, call 01438 813825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Children under three years of age do not require a season ticket as they already qualify for free entry.
However, if the child turns three during the season then they will require a season ticket. Some play equipment may have size restrictions.
• To buy a season ticket, simply visit www.knebworthhouse.com
Phone bookings incur a £1.50 administration fee.