Hertford Arts Festival launch exhibition and art trail details revealed
PUBLISHED: 16:17 26 February 2016 | UPDATED: 16:17 26 February 2016
Robert Mills Photography
Details of the third Hertford Arts Festival launch night at Hertford Castle have been announced.
This year’s launch event will be held on Friday, April 8 from 6pm to 8pm.
Eighteen talented artists will exhibit one piece of work that will then be featured in the Hertford Art Trail, which runs from Saturday, April 9 to Sunday, May 8 across the town centre.
The art exhibition in the magnificent Downshire Suite will offer the public an evening of art, culture and wine.
Hosted by the mayor, councillor Dr Linda Radford, visitors on the night will be able to meet the artists in person and find out more about the inspiration behind their work.
Hertford Art Trail
Town centre locations and artist exhibiting:
* Bebo Café, Railway Street: Caryl Beach
* The Classic Barber, Old Cross: Glynnis Bainbridge
* Clock Cards, Railway Street: Emma Stent
* Courtyard Arts, Port Vale: Fiona Stevenson
* The Creative Sanctuary, Fore Street: Sue Nicholls
* Harwood Holmes, St Andrew Street: Gillian Mackenna
* Hertford House Hotel, Parliament Square: Jude O’Sullivan
* Leaf Café, Old Cross: Trevis Holtby
* Lance James, Market Place: Carolyn Perry
* Hertford Library, Maidenhead Street: John Little
* Love Flowers, Market Street: Amanda Ralph
* Made in Herts, Chambers Street: Katherine Roberts
* Marshalls, Fore Street: Sharon McCrindle
* Mudlarks Garden Cafe, Railway Street: Janet Gardner
* Peter & Susan Brown, St Andrew Street: Tania Scott-Durrant
* Serendipity, Bircherley Green: Stephanie Edwards
* The Sugar Smith, Post Office Walk: Niko Brown
* The Women’s Society, St Andrew Street: Linda Gifford
A cinema room will also be set up and screen a preview of the artists work on a rotating reel.
Tickets are £5 and the price includes a complimentary glass of sparkling wine.
In addition, 50 per cent of the proceeds made from the evening will go to the Mayor of Hertford’s charity, The British Heart Foundation.
Tickets can be purchased at Hertford Town and Tourist Information Centre, by telephoning 01992 552885, or by online at www.hertfordartslaunch.eventbrite.co.uk
Cllr Jane Sartin, chairman of Hertford Town Council’s development and leisure committee, said: “Hertford Arts Festival will get off to a great start with the Mayor’s charity launch in April, and the Arts Trail will be a good way to see a range of artwork, as well as explore the town.
“Hertford Town Council is grateful to Melanie Ewer from Courtyard Arts for the huge part she has played in the organisation of the event.
“The support of sponsors Wilkins Kennedy is also greatly appreciated.”
The artists taking part in the Hertford Art Trail will exhibit work in prime town centre locations.
Over the month long Art Trail, the public can view the pop up exhibitions free of charge.
The trail is intended to encourage more visitors to the town centre, promote the artists whose work will be on sale, and support the venues offering the exhibition space.
An array of medium will be on display from textile to ceramic, oil on canvas to screen print.
Venue opening times will vary and selected artists will be offering workshops on site.
It is suggested that visitors check opening times in advance by visiting www.gohertford.co.uk.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.