Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Will Jake Wood still be standing after his quickstep?
Strictly Come Dancing 2014 favourite Jake Wood tackles the quickstep in tonight's Week Five live show - and will be hoping to be the last man standing at the end of the night.
The Strictly competition intensifies this evening (Saturday) as the 12 remaining couples hit the dance floor for a ballroom battle to stay in the 2014 series.
As the competition reaches its fifth week, the judges will be looking to the celebrities to really show what they are capable of.
EastEnders actor Jake, who lives in Tewin, Hertfordshire, and professional dance partner Janette Manrara will be performing a quickstep tonight to Elton John hit I’m Still Standing.
Earlier in the week, Janette (@JManrara) wrote on Twitter: “Wow, absolutely exhausted from our Quickstep! Well done to the busiest man alive, @mrjakedwood! #HisNameIsJake #WorkingHard”
She also tweeted this week during training: “@mrjakedwood Always impressed by your dedication & hard work. Great actor, great dancer, & most importantly GREAT family man! See you soon!”
While on Tuesday, proud husband and father Jake (@mrjakedwood) tweeted his 246,000 Twitter followers: “8 hours #eastenders followed by 5 hours dancing @JManrara BRING IT ON!!! #StrictlyComeDancing #HisNameIsJake #bringthenoise”
The snake-hipped Jake was joint top of the judges’ leaderboard last weekend with his jive to Elvis Presley’s All Shook Up, and former Strictly pro James Jordan was impressed with the Albert Square star.
Taking to Twitter, James (@The_JamesJordan) tweeted during last Saturday’s programme: “This was brilliant for me. A bit displaced at times but.... His acting skills help home so much Love it 8”
After the judges have given their scores tonight, the public will have the chance to cast their votes. Voting lines will open at the end of the programme.
Once the judges’ scores have been added to viewer votes, the two lowest-scoring couples will perform again in the dreaded dance-off in Sunday night’s results show.
Below is the full list of celebrities with their dances and songs for tonight (Saturday):
* Alison Hammond and Aljaž Skorjanec will perform a Tango to ‘Addicted to You’ by Avicii.
* Caroline Flack and Pasha Kovalev will perform the Paso Doble to ‘Live and Let Die’ by Paul McCartney & Wings.
* Frankie Bridge and Kevin Clifton will perform a Foxtrot to ‘Daydream Believer’ by The Monkees.
* Jake Wood and Janette Manrara will perform the Quickstep to ‘I’m Still Standing’ by Elton John.
* Judy Murray and Anton Du Beke will be performing the Charleston to ‘Varsity Drag’ by Pasadena Roof Orchestra.
* Mark Wright and Karen Hauer will dance the Samba to ‘That’s The Way I Like It’ by KC and the Sunshine Band.
* Pixie Lott and Trent Whiddon will perform the Samba to ‘I Yi Yi Yi Yi’ by Edmundo Ros.
* Scott Mills and Joanne Clifton will perform the Charleston to ‘Flash Bang Wallop’ by Tommy Steele.
* Simon Webbe and Kristina Rihanoff will be performing a Viennese Waltz to ‘Somebody to Love’ by Queen.
* Steve Backshall and Ola Jordan will perform the Waltz to ‘I Wonder Why’ by Curtis Stigers.
* Sunetra Sarker and Brendan Cole will perform the Viennese Waltz to ‘Anyone Who Had a Heart’ by Cilla Black.
* Thom Evans and Iveta Lukosuite will be performing the Cha Cha to ‘It’s My Party’ by Jessie J.
* Strictly Come Dancing can be seen tonight (Saturday, October 25) on BBC One from 6.30pm to 8.20pm.