Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Week 5 dance-off result
PUBLISHED: 20:02 26 October 2014 | UPDATED: 20:12 26 October 2014
EastEnders actor Jake Wood is through to the next round of Strictly Come Dancing after former rugby star Thom Evans became the latest celebrity to leave the BBC One competition.
Jake, this year’s surprise Strictly package, and professional dance partner Janette Manrara opened Saturday’s show with a blisteringly fast quickstep to Elton John song I’m Still Standing.
They received 31 from the judges, all of them except Craig awarding the pair an eight.
Although that was only the fifth best routine of the live show, with Pixie Lott topping the leaderboard, the public voted the snake-hipped talent from Tewin through to the last 11.
Afterwards, Jake (@mrjakedwood) tweeted: “Through to week 6 @JManrara So happy x thanks to all who voted, you guys rock x #StrictlyComeDancing #HisNameIsJake”
Popular with the public and judges, family man Jake, who plays Max Branning in the Albert Square soap, was never likely to exit the pro-celebrity programme tonight.
However, there were a couple of surprises when the Strictly Week 5 bottom two couples were announced.
Despite finishing last with the judges, tennis coach Judy Murray, and fellow ballroom struggler Scott Mills will both dance in next Saturday’s Halloween-themed spooky spectacular.
The public also kept Alison Hammond in the competition for another week, with Thom Evans and Simon Webbe instead facing the dreaded dance-off.
Blue singer Simon and Kristina Rihanoff scored 28 for their Viennese Waltz to Somebody to Love by Queen on Saturday, while Thom and Iveta Lukosuite performed a Cha Cha to It’s My Party by Jessie J, scoring 27.
After dancing again in tonight’s results show, the judges elected to keep Simon Webbe in the competition, and Thom Evans waved goodbye to the ballroom.
After the result was announced, Kristina Rihanoff (@KRihanoff) tweeted: “In my 7 years on @bbcstrictly this must be the most cruellest situation on the show. @ThomEvans11 @D8Iveta I’m so very sorry & I love u both”
Below is the full list of celebrities with their dances, songs and scores from Saturday night’s live show:
* Pixie Lott and Trent Whiddon: Samba to ‘I Yi Yi Yi Yi’ by Edmundo Ros.
* Caroline Flack and Pasha Kovalev: Paso Doble to ‘Live and Let Die’ by Paul McCartney & Wings.
* Mark Wright and Karen Hauer: Samba to ‘That’s The Way I Like It’ by KC and the Sunshine Band.
* Frankie Bridge and Kevin Clifton: Foxtrot to ‘Daydream Believer’ by The Monkees.
* Jake Wood and Janette Manrara: Quickstep to ‘I’m Still Standing’ by Elton John.
* Steve Backshall and Ola Jordan: Waltz to ‘I Wonder Why’ by Curtis Stigers.
* Sunetra Sarker and Brendan Cole: Viennese Waltz to ‘Anyone Who Had a Heart’ by Cilla Black.
* Simon Webbe and Kristina Rihanoff: Viennese Waltz to ‘Somebody to Love’ by Queen.
* Thom Evans and Iveta Lukosuite: Cha Cha to ‘It’s My Party’ by Jessie J.
* Alison Hammond and Aljaž Skorjanec: Tango to ‘Addicted to You’ by Avicii.
* Scott Mills and Joanne Clifton: Charleston to ‘Flash Bang Wallop’ by Tommy Steele.
* Judy Murray and Anton Du Beke: Charleston to ‘Varsity Drag’ by Pasadena Roof Orchestra.
* Strictly Come Dancing can be seen on Saturday, November 1 on BBC One from 6.30pm.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.