Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Pixie Lott tops the leaderboard but Jake Wood’s still standing
PUBLISHED: 22:11 25 October 2014 | UPDATED: 14:34 26 October 2014
EastEnders actor Jake Wood could only finish fifth on the Strictly Come Dancing Week 5 leaderboard as Pixie Lott stole the show.
Hertfordshire-based Jake, this year’s surprise package, and professional dance partner Janette Manrara opened the show tonight (Saturday) with a quickstep to Elton John song I’m Still Standing.
They scored a total of 31 points from judges Craig Revel Horwood, Darcey Bussell, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli, who said it was “business-like efficiency, job done”.
However, that score was beaten by four other couples, with singer Pixie Lott, the last celebrity to take to the dance floor, claiming three nines for a total of 35 for her samba with professional Trent Whiddon.
Also beating snake-hipped Tewin talent Jake, who plays Walford lothario Max Branning, were The Saturdays singer Frankie Bridge, former The Only Way Is Essex star Mark Wright and TV presenter Caroline Flack, with scores 32, 33 and 34 respectively.
At the other end of the leaderboard, the usual suspects – tennis coach Judy Murray, Andy Murray’s mum, and BBC Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills – finished in the bottom two with the judges.
Both celebrities will be relying on the public to keep them in the competition for another week.
Alison Hammond, Thom Evans and Simon Webbe are also in the danger zone ahead of next week’s Halloween spectacular, and could face the dance-off.
The two couples with the lowest combined judges’ scores and viewer votes will face the dreaded dance-off eliminator in Sunday’s Strictly results show, with one celebrity becoming the fourth to leave the competition.
Below is the full list of celebrities with their dances, songs and scores from tonight’s live show:
* Jake Wood and Janette Manrara: Quickstep to ‘I’m Still Standing’ by Elton John.
SCORE: 7, 8, 8, 8 = 31.
* Sunetra Sarker and Brendan Cole: Viennese Waltz to ‘Anyone Who Had a Heart’ by Cilla Black.
SCORE: 7, 7, 8, 8 = 30.
* Scott Mills and Joanne Clifton: Charleston to ‘Flash Bang Wallop’ by Tommy Steele.
SCORE: 4, 4, 5, 5 = 19.
* Thom Evans and Iveta Lukosuite: Cha Cha to ‘It’s My Party’ by Jessie J.
SCORE: 6, 7, 7, 7 = 27.
* Frankie Bridge and Kevin Clifton: Foxtrot to ‘Daydream Believer’ by The Monkees.
SCORE: 8, 8, 8, 8 = 32.
* Alison Hammond and Aljaž Skorjanec: Tango to ‘Addicted to You’ by Avicii.
SCORE: 5, 6, 6, 6 = 23.
* Mark Wright and Karen Hauer: Samba to ‘That’s The Way I Like It’ by KC and the Sunshine Band.
SCORE: 8, 9, 8, 8 = 33.
* Simon Webbe and Kristina Rihanoff: Viennese Waltz to ‘Somebody to Love’ by Queen.
SCORE: 7, 7, 7, 7 = 28.
* Judy Murray and Anton Du Beke: Charleston to ‘Varsity Drag’ by Pasadena Roof Orchestra.
SCORE: 3, 5, 5, 5 = 18.
* Caroline Flack and Pasha Kovalev: Paso Doble to ‘Live and Let Die’ by Paul McCartney & Wings.
SCORE: 8, 9, 8, 9 = 34.
* Steve Backshall and Ola Jordan: Waltz to ‘I Wonder Why’ by Curtis Stigers.
SCORE: 7, 8, 7, 8 = 30.
* Pixie Lott and Trent Whiddon: Samba to ‘I Yi Yi Yi Yi’ by Edmundo Ros.
SCORE: 8, 9, 9, 9 = 35.
* Strictly Come Dancing: The Results can be seen on Sunday, October 26 on BBC One from 7.20pm.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.