You Me At Six address Slam Dunk Festival 2015 set rumours
- Credit: Archant
Slam Dunk 2015 headliners You Me At Six have responded to rumours about their forthcoming appearance at the Hatfield music festival.
The touring pop-punk, ska, rock, metal and punk festival returns to The Forum Hertfordshire, on the University of Hertfordshire’s College Lane campus, on Sunday, May 24.
You Me At Six are due to headline the main stage in Hatfield, as well as the festival’s two others sites in Leeds and Wolverhampton.
With the Surrey rockers’ debut Take Off Your Colours released on Slam Dunk Records, there was internet speculation YMAS would play the album in full at the festival’s 10th anniversary bash this year.
However, the Sinners Never Sleep group’s frontman, Josh Franceschi, has set the record straight in an interview in this week’s Kerrang! magazine.
You may also want to watch:
Franceschi said: “The rumours are... incorrect.
“However, this being the 10th year of Slam Dunk, as well as You Me At Six’s 10th year, we will be extensively paying homage to that with songs from our first record.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park
Slam Dunk Festival organiser Ben Ray added: “After seeing so many rumours flying around the internet about the You Me At Six set, I think it’s great they have let people know what they are planning to do.
“Although not the whole album, I think it will be enough to give the fans what they want.
“I am so proud for the album to have been released on Slam Dunk Records, and after not having seen them played live for a while, it will make the weekend even more special for me.
“It will certainly bring back some great memories.”
You Me At Six’s most recent album, last year’s Cavalier Youth, topped the UK charts.
Tickets for Slam Dunk 2015 are £39, plus standard booking fees, or £44 with after party entrance included.
* For ticket outlets, visit www.slamdunkmusic.com
THE FULL SLAM DUNK FESTIVAL 2015 LINE UP:
* YOU ME AT SIX
* TAKING BACK SUNDAY
* LOWER THAN ATLANTIS
* THE WONDER YEARS
* NECK DEEP
* DON BROCO
* WHILE SHE SLEEPS
* THE COLOR MORALE
* THE BRONX
* MARIACHI EL BRONX
* KNUCKLE PUCK
* REEL BIG FISH
* COMEBACK KID
* TRASH TALK
* PATENT PENDING
* BIG D & THE KIDS TABLE
* SUCH GOLD
* A LOSS FOR WORDS
* THY ART IS MURDER