World Photography Day 2021: Enter Paradise Wildlife Park's photo competition
- Credit: Paradise Wildlife Park
On World Photography Day 2021, Paradise Wildlife Park has announced the return of its photography competition.
The contest aims to showcase some of the incredible photographic talent and beautiful wildlife at the Hertfordshire zoo.
A PWP spokesperson said: "Have you taken photos whilst here at the Park within the last year of some of our amazing animals?
"If so, enter today and be in the chance of winning some fantastic prizes!"
The photo competition will be judged by wildlife photographer Roger Hooper, Paradise Wildlife Park brothers Cam, Tyler and Aaron Whitnall, the hosts of CBBC’s One Zoo Three, and Giles Clark, The Big Cat Sanctuary’s director of big cats and conservation.
The overall winner will be invited to the launch of the Sun Bear Heights, Jaguar Jungle, and Otter Rocks later this year.
They will receive an annual membership to Paradise Wildlife Park, a photographic day at the zoo's sister charity, The Big Cat Sanctuary, with head photographer Alma Leaper, and be the main feature in the White Stubb Lane zoo's 2022 calendar.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 9 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 10 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
There will be a shortlist of 11 commended entrants that will also feature in PWP's 2022 calendar and receive two free tickets to Paradise.
How to enter:
Format: Digital images in JPG or TIFF format.
Size: 3MB or more.
Submission: The names for photos should be formatted as: Candidate Name – Animal – Photo Title.
Submissions must be via email or submitted via Dropbox or another free file transfer service such as WeTransfer. They should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Friday, October 15, 2021.
Results: Results will be announced on Monday, November 1, 2021.
Only successful entrants will be contacted, via email.
* Upon entry to the competition, entrants agree to give Paradise Wildlife Park rights to publish their submitted images across all online, print, and other media. There is no age restriction on entries.