Wonder Woman scenes filmed at Hatfield House
- Credit: Archant
Scenes from upcoming superhero film Wonder Woman were shot in Hatfield.
The $150million DC Comics blockbuster is due to hit cinema screens across the world next summer.
The official Comic-Con trailer for Wonder Woman, starring Gal Gadot as Amazonian princess-warrior Diana, was released this summer.
And Hatfield House’s Twitter account tweeted: “Can you spot the scenes filmed @hatfieldhouse in the fantastic new WONDER WOMAN Trailer”
The film teaser has already had more than 24 million views on YouTube.
Directed by Patty Jenkins, Wonder Woman stars Gal Gabot in the lead role and Star Trek Beyond’s Chris Pine at Steve Trevor.
Gadot’s character debuted in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice earlier this year.
- 1 LIVE: Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield A-level results 2022
- 2 Hunt for stolen labrador puppy from Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Overgrown country lane 'is danger' to users, says mother
- 4 Disney's Encanto, The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man movie set for free outdoor cinema in Welwyn Garden City town centre
- 5 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 6 5 things to do on a rainy day in Hertfordshire
- 7 Campaigners hit out at Spectator’s ‘the folly of garden cities’ piece
- 8 A-level results 2022: What should my next steps be?
- 9 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 10 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
Distributed by Warner Bros Pictures, action adventure Wonder Woman tells Diana Prince’s back story.
The Amazonian princess leaves her tropical home to explore the world after an American pilot, played by Chris Pine, crashes on the island and tells her about a world war that is happening.
The trailer includes clips shot in the stunning Long Gallery at Hatfield House.
The movie is scheduled for release in June 2017.
Wonder Woman isn’t the first blockbuster to film at the Hertfordshire stately home.
Among movies to have used the estate are Paddington, The King’s Speech, Hot Fuzz, The World’s End, Sherlock Holmes 2 – Game of Shadows and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2.
Hatfield House also featured in 2005’s Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne’s alter ego, and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and follow-up Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, both starring Angelina Jolie.