When do the clocks go forward in 2015? British Summer Time starts in March
- Credit: Archant
With spring in the air and nights getting noticeably lighter, British Summer Time starts in the UK next month when clocks go forward an hour.
So when exactly do clocks change in 2015?
British Summer Time (BST) traditionally starts in the UK on the final Sunday in March and ends on the last Sunday in October.
So clocks will spring forward an hour at 1am on Sunday, March 29, 2015, when BST starts and the country moves out of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
This means losing an hour of sleep in the morning.
You may also want to watch:
As a result of the change, there will be more daylight in the evenings and less in the mornings.
Clocks will go back an hour on Sunday, October 25, 2015 when BST ends and the country reverts to GMT.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 4 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 5 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
And when are clocks due to go forward and back next year? The dates in the UK for 2016 are March 27 and October 30.
Across the Atlantic, most of the United States begins Daylight Saving Time at 2am on the second Sunday in March – this year March 8 – and reverts to standard time on the first Sunday in November.
In North America, each time zone switches at a different time. In March, clocks spring forward from 1.59am to 3am and in fall, clocks fall back from 1.59am to 1am.