V Festival 2016 line-up and headliners announced
- Credit: Archant
The first 2016 V Festival line-up announcement has been made – with the event’s superstar headliners confirmed.
Organisers of this year’s V fest extravaganza revealed the first acts playing the event’s 21st anniversary party on Monday, February 22, at 8.21am.
The rumours about Justin Bieber performing at V this year are true, with the chart-topping Canadian singer confirmed as one of the event’s exclusive headliners, giving a sneak peak of his upcoming Purpose tour.
Australian songstress Sia is also appearing on the same day.
Bajan singer Rihanna is the other day’s main stage headliner, bringing her Anti World Tour to both Staffordshire and Chelmsford for her only UK festival of the summer.
You may also want to watch:
Superstar DJ David Guetta will also appear at V’s 21st party in another UK festival exclusive.
Also performing on the Virgin Media stage over the weekend at the two V Festival sites are British indie rock favourites Bastille, the world’s biggest girl group Little Mix, and Brit Award nominee Jess Glynne.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 4 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 8 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 9 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
Other acts appearing across the weekend include the legendary Faithless, Kaiser Chiefs, Jake Bugg, Years & Years, Rita Ora, Example, Tinie Tempah, Travis and DJ EZ.
Halsey, Craig David’s TS5, Katy B, Sigma (DJ set), James Morrison, John Newman, Troye Sivan, All Saints, Fleur East, Big Sean, Soul II Soul, Foxes, Lethal Bizzle, Flight Facilities and DNCE have also been confirmed for V2016, with more acts to be announced over four stages, plus The Glee Comedy tent.
The full day by day line-up splits so far will be announced on Wednesday, February 24 at 10pm after the 2016 Brit Awards.
As well as a host of global superstars, there will be a new Friday night BBC Radio 1 ‘Summer of Dance’ stage at V, with the line-up to be announced during Annie Mac’s Radio 1 show on Friday, March 4.
The pop, rock and indie festival, sponsored by Virgin Media, is held during the penultimate weekend in August at two UK parks simultaneously, with the venues sharing the same line-up.
This year it will take place over the weekend of Saturday, August 20 and Sunday, August 21 at Hylands Park, in Chelmsford, Essex, and Staffordshire’s Weston Park.
A Virgin Media ticket pre-sale will open at 9am on Tuesday, February 23.
This pre-sale will close at 11.59pm on Thursday, February 25.
A Hylands Park pre-sale for Essex residents will open at 9.30am on Thursday, Feburary 25 for 24 hours.
Tickets will then go on general sale the following day, on Friday, February 26, at 9.30am.
Last year saw headline performances from the likes of Kasabian, Calvin Harris, Sam Smith and Stereophonics.
* For more details, visit the V Festival website at www.vfestival.com