V Festival 2015 line-up announcement rumours
- Credit: Archant
The V Festival 2015 line-up will finally be announced next week.
Celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, the Virgin Media backed music event will return to Hylands Park, near Chelmsford, Essex, and Weston Park, in Staffordshire, over the weekend of Saturday, August 22 and Sunday, August 23.
The first line-up announcement will be made at 6pm on Monday, March 2.
V Festival tickets will then go on general sale from Friday, March 6.
The Killers and Justin Timberlake headlined last year’s V, but organisers are keeping tight-lipped about who is playing this summer until the official reveal next month.
You may also want to watch:
However, the likes of Kasabian, chart-topping dance DJ Calvin Harris, Noel Gallagher and The Prodigy are all rumoured for the annual rock, pop and indie festival, which takes place simultaneously at Hylands Park and its sister site at Weston Park.
Kasabian have a long history with V, having made their festival debut with a lunchtime slot on the second stage back in 2004 before graduating to main stage headliner status in 2010.
They are strongly rumoured on website eFestivals as one of this year’s headliners.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
The Eez-Eh group topped the bill at Glastonbury last summer.
Tom Meighan and Sergio Pizzorno’s band have been confirmed for the Friday night at T in the Park 2015, which takes place from July 10-12 at Strathallan Castle, in Perthshire, Scotland.
Of the others rumoured on website eFestivals, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds are already headlining the Calling Festival on Clapham Common, London, on Saturday, July 4.
The Prodigy, who played Knebworth last year, are on the Isle of Wight 2015 bill in June, and have also just been announced for T in the Park.
The V 2015 line-up will be confirmed next week after the BRIT Awards have taken place, and festival organisers always like to include one or two winners from the big record industry bash.
Multiple Grammy winner Sam Smith has already been announced for T in the Park in Scotland, and could make a swift return to V, after appearing at Chelmsford last year.