V Festival 2014 line-up headliners announced
- Credit: James McCauley
The first V Festival 2014 line-up announcement has been made with Justin Timberlake and The Killers confirmed as this year’s headliners.
The popular music festival will take place over the weekend of August 16-17 at Hylands Park, near Chelmsford, Essex, and Weston Park in Staffordshire.
Justin Timberlake will top the bill at Hylands Park on Saturday, August 16, and then Weston Park the following night.
It will be his first appearance at the festival.
The Killers will close the Essex leg on Sunday, August 17, returning to the Virgin Media sponsored festival after headlining as recently as 2012.
You may also want to watch:
They will play the Staffordshire site on the Saturday.
V Festival’s official Twitter account, @vfestival, tweeted a picture of the 2014 line-up at 8pm this evening.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
Chic featuring Nile Rodgers will appear at V2014 as “very special guests”.
Also playing the twin-sited festival are the likes of Ed Sheeran, Paulo Nutini, Example, Lily Allen, Elbow, Bastille, Axwell Ingrosso, Rudimental, Kaiser Chiefs, Manic Street Preachers, Rizzle Kicks, Sub Focus, Chase & Status DJ set, Alesso, Katy B, Embrace, Sam Smith, Above & Beyond, John Newman and Blondie.
V will also include performances across the weekend from Tom Odell, Jason Derulo, Train, Miles Kane, The Human League, Newton Faulkner, Starsailor, Ella Eyre, The Stranglers, The Magic Numbers, M People, All Saints, The Wonder Stuff, The Wailers, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot, The Strypes, Foxes and Kodaline.
Tickets go on general sale this Friday at 9am.
Visit the home page of the Virgin Media sponsored festival’s website – www.vfestival.com – for full details.