Ultimate 80s Festival to be moved indoors at the Forum Hertfordshire in Hatfield
ORGANISERS have moved next week’s Ultimate 80s Festival at the Forum Hertfordshire in Hatfield indoors because of the recent wet weather.
The one-day 80s music event featuring ABC, Heaven 17 and Howard Jones was due to take place outdoors at the University of Hertfordshire’s College Lane campus on Saturday, May 26 – the day after the uni’s annual summer ball and 24 hours before the Slam Dunk Festival.
However, promoters have decided to switch stages and use the main auditorium indoors at the Forum following the last month’s heavy rainfall.
A spokeswoman said: “We’ve moved indoors because of the unpredictable nature of our British weather at the moment.
“So we’ve taken the worry of being outdoors in the rain at the end of May away from our customers.”
The festival will feature performances from Spirit in the Sky chart-toppers Dr and The Medics and Katrina from Katrina and The Waves, who enjoyed a huge hit with Walking on Sunshine.
The line-up will also feature Sheffield band Heaven 17, best known for single Temptation, pioneering synth-pop star Howard Jones and headliners ABC, famous for debut album The Lexicon of Love.
- 1 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 2 Man suffers leg injuries after stabbing at Queensway in Hatfield
- 3 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Grant Shapps MP: 'We are revolutionising rail travel'
- 5 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 6 Where do you recognise in ciné film of Welwyn Garden City from 1956?
- 7 Welwyn Hatfield set to celebrate Platinum Jubilee in style
- 8 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 9 Council cabinet reshuffled following Welwyn Hatfield local elections
- 10 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
Hosted by Heart radio’s Matt Jarvis, the day-long event will start at 3.30pm, with music until 11pm.
Tickets for the festival cost �35 in advance.
* See this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out now, for an interview with ABC singer Martin Fry and the chance to win tickets to the Ultimate 80s Festival.