UB40 to play concert at The Forum Hertfordshire in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
UB40 have confirmed a gig at The Forum Hertfordshire in Hatfield.
The chart-topping Birmingham-based reggae legends will play the University of Hertfordshire Students’ Union venue in College Lane on Thursday, October 22 as part of the 13-date autumn UK leg of their Getting Over The Storm tour.
Best known for 1983 number one hit Red Red Wine, UB40’s appearance at The Forum is the tour’s only scheduled show within easy reach of London.
However, this not the version of UB40 featuring Astro, Ali Campbell and Mickey Virtue that performed a concert in front of thousands of fans outdoors at Hatfield House last summer.
The line-up set for The Forum features Robin Campbell (co-lead vocals and guitar), Duncan Campbell (lead vocals), Earl Falconer (bass, vocals), Brian Travers (sax and keyboards), Jimmy Brown (drums) and Norman Hassan (percussion, vocals).
You may also want to watch:
The touring personnel also features Martin Meredith (sax) and Lawrence Parry (trumpet), who have both been in UB40’s touring line-up for more than a decade, and Tony Mullins (keyboards).
Tickets for the Forum gig cost £30. They went on sale this morning (Friday, May 1), at 9am.
Buy direct from www.forumhertfordshire.co.uk
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack