Film crew shooting TV crime drama in Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Filming of a new TV crime drama starring Hollywood actor Rob Lowe took place in Welwyn Hatfield.
A film crew was on location in The Ryde area of Hatfield on Friday shooting scenes of ITV commission Wild Bill.
The six-part crime series with a Brexit slant stars and is executive produced by Emmy and Golden Globe-nominated American actor Rob Lowe.
With production lorries parked in the road, signs were up in The Ryde saying: “Caution filming in progress.”
The sign added: “The producers and crew would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during the filming of this production.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you for your patience and cooperation.”
One family in The Ryde living opposite the property being filmed in were delighted to find themselves hosting cast and crew while they filmed last week.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 9 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 10 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?
Aidan Bell, a professional performer himself, saw the crew and approached them.
“I rang them up to see if I could be of any help.
“They said, ‘well, you can be the green room’.”
Aidan and his mother Hazel happily offered their living room up for cast and crew to enjoy tea and hospitality.
A crew was also spotted at Woodhall shops in Welwyn Garden City on Friday, January 11, rumoured to be shooting for the same series.
In Wild Bill, St Elmo’s Fire Brat Pack star and former The West Wing actor Rob Lowe plays high-flying US cop Bill Hixon, who is appointed Chief Constable of the East Lincolnshire Police Force.
The series is set in Boston, Lincolnshire – not Boston, Massachusetts in America.
The ITV synopsis for the show states: “When Bill Hixon lands in Boston, Lincolnshire, with his 14-year-old daughter Kelsey in tow, he’s hoping they can flee their painful recent past.
“But this unfamiliar, unimpressed community will force Bill to question everything about himself and leave him asking whether it’s Boston that needs Bill, or Bill that needs Boston?”
Filming of Wild Bill started in Lincolnshire late last year, and crews were spotted in and around Hatfield last week.
When the programme was announced by ITV in October, Wayne’s World and Austin Powers star Rob Lowe said: “As an actor, Wild Bill is a larger than life character who’s outrageously articulate, has nothing to lose and revels in being an American fish out of water.”