The Zoots bring the Sounds of the 60s to Harpenden
- Credit: Graham Huntley 2018
There will be a special Harpenden homecoming show for members of The Zoots this week.
The Zoots bring their smash hit Sounds of the 60s show to Harpenden Public Halls on Thursday, June 20.
The covers band have played to audiences in more than 30 countries.
Yet, according to the band, their greatest challenge comes tomorrow night when they perform in Harpenden.
Lead signer Jamie Goddard is nervous about playing The Zoots' hit show at the place he grew up in.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The Zoots have played in front of audiences on four continents, from Israel to Italy, Havana to Venice, Barcelona to Montego Bay - but there's something especially nerve-wracking about playing to a British crowd!"
Backing singer and lead percussionist Harriet Lowther added: "It will be very special for us to play in Hertfordshire, with lots of childhood memories for all of us.
- 1 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 2 Police called after 100 people show up to funeral
- 3 Herts zoo announces its reopening date
- 4 Second tree-umph as borough named ‘Tree City of the World’ again
- 5 Man arrested and suspected crack and heroin seized
- 6 Residents’ food waste has so far powered 62 homes for a year
- 7 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 8 From phone to laptop – a loan goes a long way to help children with homeschooling
- 9 Take a first look at the new Ebenezer Howard statue coming to our town
- 10 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
"We hope to bring back some lovely memories for us and more importantly, the people coming to the show.
"Nostalgia is important to us and love to keep those memories alive!"
The two-hour show features 50 songs from the 1960s including hits from The Beatles, the Small Faces, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys, The Kinks, The Who and more.
Tickets cost £18 and available from the box office 01582 762880 or online at www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk