The world doesn’t end but The World’s End filming does
- Credit: Archant
THE world didn’t end today – Friday, December 21, 2012 – but Herts-based principal filming of new Simon Pegg and Nick Frost movie The World’s End did.
The stars of the third episode in Pegg and director Edgar Wright’s so-called Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy wrapped up shooting today.
Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz star Pegg tweeted last night (Thursday): “Can’t sleep. Last day of shooting on World’s End tomorrow. How fitting. We finally did a third thing. Closure, sweet closure. Night night”
He tweeted this morning: “It may not be the world’s end but it is the end of The World’s End. Principal photography wraps today. First official still released later.x”
The apocalyptic comedy stars a dark-haired Pegg, Hot Fuzz co-star Nick Frost, The Hobbit’s Martin Freeman and Paddy Considine as childhood friends who attempt to recreate a marathon pub crawl through their hometown.
Filming has taken place in Welwyn Garden City, Letchworth Garden City and across Hertfordshire in recent months.
WGC will feature early in the pub crawl, with filmmakers having shot scenes in the middle of Howardsgate and near Debenhams.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Town pubs The Cork, The Parkway Bar, The Doctors Tonic and The Peartree will also feature in the film.
The Cork, in Howardsgate, has been renamed The Famous Cock for the movie, while The Parkway Bar, in Parkway, has become The Cross Hands.
The Doctors Tonic, in Church Road, was called the The Old Familiar for a pre-shoot in September, while The Peartree, in Woodhall Lane, was transformed into The First Post.
During filming, Hertfordshire-based actor Pegg took time out to start the Hatfield House Bonfire Night fireworks display.
Pegg and Frost also switched-on the Letchworth Christmas lights.
The World’s End, which also stars former Bond girl Rosamund Pike, is the third in the Cornetto Trilogy or the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy, after Shaun of the Dead in 2004 and Hot Fuzz in 2007.
It is due for release next year.
After Friday’s filming, Edgar Wright simply tweeted: “...that’s a wrap.”