The Vamps to play Newmarket Racecourses’ Summer Saturday Live concert
- Credit: Supplied by Chuff Media / The Jockey Club Live
The Vamps have been confirmed as the first Newmarket Racecourses headliner for next year.
The Jockey Club Live this morning (Monday, November 13) announced that the pop rock band – Brad Simpson, James McVey, Connor Ball and Tristan Evans – will headline Summer Saturday Live at Newmarket on Saturday, August 25, 2018.
They will follow in the footsteps of the likes of Jess Glynne, McBusted and Little Mix.
The Vamps are the first announcement for the summer season at the racecourse, with further acts to be announced for the award-winning Newmarket Nights.
The band said: “We are really excited to headline Newmarket Racecourses next summer, it’s going to be our first racecourse headline show.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll be playing lots of new songs as well as old. Bring your hats and let’s have a dance!”
The Vamps are one of the most successful current British bands, having achieved a huge amount of success and acclaim all over the globe.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
Releasing their debut single Can We Dance in 2013, they have since clocked up five top 10 hits including Wild Heart, Last Night and Somebody To You, the latter featuring Demi Lovato.
Their latest album, Night & Day, stormed straight into the Top 10 on the iTunes chart in over 20 countries including Argentina, Philippines, India and Australia and went to number one in the UK official album charts.
The first single from the album, All Night, has amassed over 300 million streams.
The Vamps are also a force to be reckoned with on social media, with over six million likes on their Facebook, four million followers on Twitter, two million followers on Instagram, and 144 million views on YouTube.
Amy Starkey, Regional Director East of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “We are thrilled to announce The Vamps as our first act for 2018, who will take to the stage for our family friendly Summer Saturday Live racing plus music event next August.
“It will be great to welcome the band to Newmarket Racecourses for the first time and I have no doubt that they will put on a fantastic show for what is always a great afternoon of entertainment, starting the Bank Holiday Weekend in style.”
Amy added: “Having announced the first of our music acts for the summer of 2018, we look forward to confirm the next in due course so make sure you follow us on Facebook in particular to be the first to know.”
Summer Saturday Live is a perfect day out for the family, taking place during the day of the last Bank Holiday in August.
There will be reduced priced children’s tickets for those aged five to 17 available when accompanied by a responsible adult of 18 or over, with children aged four and under entitled to free admission.
• Tickets will go on sale at 8am on Friday, November 17 via www.thejockeyclublive.co.uk, with a presale available to customers at 8am on Wednesday, November 15.
Tickets are priced starting at £25 adult /£13 child (under 18).
Please note child tickets are limited.
All terms and conditions are available on http://newmarket.thejockeyclub.co.uk