The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- Credit: Supplied by Folk by the Oak
You won't have to walk 500 miles to see The Proclaimers next summer as the duo will headline Hatfield music festival Folk by the Oak.
Organisers have confirmed the Reid brothers, Charlie and Craig, will close the main stage of FBTO 2022 in the grounds of Hatfield House.
The Scottish duo are known for hits Letter from America, I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) and Sunshine on Leith.
An all-day festival of folk's finest acts, Folk by the Oak will take place in Hatfield Park on Sunday, July 17, 2022.
From the release of debut album This is the Story in 1987 to their 11th album Angry Cyclist in 2018, the songwriting of twins Charlie and Craig Reid has ensured The Proclaimers are never far from the collective consciousness.
Folk by the Oak organisers are thrilled they will be closing the FBTO Main Stage in Hatfield next summer.
Team FBTO said: "We are huge fans of the poignant and timeless songwriting of Charlie and Craig Reid, and know their live sets are legendary and hugely uplifting, so we are thrilled to announce The Proclaimers will be headlining the Main Stage at #fbto22!"
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 3 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 8 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Drug dealer jailed after £9,000 worth of crack cocaine found in bedroom
- 10 6 chart-topping bands and singers to have played concerts at Hatfield House
Folk by the Oak's marketing manager Emma Dexter told us: “On the live circuit The Proclaimers are renowned for sets that delight ardent and casual fans alike, bringing together global anthems such as ‘I’m Gonna Be’ with newer material from their incredible catalogue of music crafted over the last 34 years.
"These prolific songwriters have carved out a niche for themselves where pop, folk, new wave and punk collide.
"Their songs capture a gamut of human emotions, written emotional honesty, political fire and wit, and The Proclaimers sound as fresh and distinctive now as when they made their breakthrough in the mid-1980s.
"We know that their performance will be an incredible finale to our festival!”
The Proclaimers join Spell Songs featuring the combined talents of Julie Fowlis, Karine Polwart, Seckou Keita, Kris Drever, Rachel Newton, Beth Porter and Jim Molyneux on the FBTO bill.
The 2022 festival line-up also includes Richard Thompson and AKA Trio, a collaboration featuring Seckou Keita, Antonio Forcione and Adriano Adewale.
A video of Folk by the Oak 2021 is also now available to watch featuring the beautiful Namer of Clouds by Kitty Macfarlane.
Early bird tickets for Folk by the Oak 2022 are available from www.folkbytheoak.com