The Chamber Players concert in Welwyn church this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A sextet of top musicians will be appearing in a Welwyn church this weekend.
The Chamber Players, a group of leading professional musicians, will be performing a wonderful string sextet programme in St Mary’s Church, Welwyn, on Saturday, March 15.
Led by Gabrielle Lester, the Players will play Richard Strauss’ Sextet from Capriccio, Arnold Schoenberg’s Verklärte Nacht and Johannes Brahms’ Sextet in B Flat.
This is a programme that promises to be “chocolate for the ears”, from the ravishing music which opens Strauss’ final opera Capriccio, through Schoenberg’s haunting and inspirational Transfigured Night, to the grandiose and rich themes of Brahms’ first string sextet.
Tickets cost £10 adults and £7 concessions (students/over 65s).
You may also want to watch:
The concert will start at 7.30pm.
To purchase tickets for this concert, visit www.thechamber players.com/tickets or drop into Hill and Company, 5 High Street, Welwyn, or call 01438 715849.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 4 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told