Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Jake Wood’s American Smooth looking good at Blackpool
- Credit: BBC/Guy Levy
EastEnders actor Jake Wood is ‘Feeling Good’ ahead of his American Smooth as BBC One’s Strictly Come Dancing heads to Blackpool for tonight’s show.
On at the slightly later time of 7pm, Strictly will be coming live from the Blackpool Tower Ballroom tonight (Saturday), where the nine remaining couples will be dancing to stay in the competition for another week.
EastEnders favourite Jake, who lives in Tewin, Hertfordshire, will be dancing the American Smooth with professional partner Janette Manrara.
After finishing joint second from bottom on the judges’ leaderboard last week, the pair will be hoping to impress with their American Smooth performance to Feeling Good.
The snake-hipped Jake, who plays Albert Square bad boy Max Branning in the BBC One soap, is certainly more confident about his chances heading into tonight’s showcase at ballroom’s Blackpool mecca.
You may also want to watch:
Taking to Twitter earlier this week, Jake Wood (@mrjakedwood) tweeted: “I am LOVING the American Smooth rehearsals this week @JManrara BIG number, amazing choreography #excited”
Before taking the train to Blackpool with the other contestants, Jake tweeted on Wednesday: “GREAT American Smooth rehearsal with #BossLady today!! Epic choreography by @JManrara again, just hope I can do it justice up in Blackpool”
- 1 'Fantastic to meet everybody' - New White Horse pub manager looking forward to letting more people in on May 17
- 2 'Through the worst of it' - Funeral director looking forward to return to normality after busiest months of his 25 year career
- 3 'Time to deliver' - Councillors react to the May 6 local elections results
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 Symbolic centenary torch created by student to be stored in museum
- 6 Missing teen found safe and well
- 7 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 County council elections round-up for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
While dance partner Janette Manrara (@JManrara) tweeted: “So excited about Blackpool this weekend! Loving our dance this week! Great job in rehearsals @mrjakedwood!”
Here are the dances the couples will be performing in Blackpool and the music that will be performed live by the Dave Arch Band:
* Caroline Flack and Pasha Kovalev will be performing the Jive to ‘Crocodile Rock’ by Elton John.
* Frankie Bridge and Kevin Clifton will be performing the Quickstep to ‘A Town Called Malice’ by The Jam.
* Jake Wood and Janette Manrara will be performing the American Smooth to ‘Feeling Good’.
* Judy Murray and Anton Du Beke will be performing the Viennese Waltz to ‘Let’s Go Fly a Kite’ from the musical Mary Poppins.
* Mark Wright and Karen Hauer will be performing the Charleston to ‘We No Speak Americano’ by Yolanda Be Cool.
* Pixie Lott and Trent Whiddon will be performing the Paso Doble to ‘The Eve of War’ by Jeff Wayne.
* Simon Webbe and Kristina Rihanoff will be performing the Argentine Tango to ‘El Tango De Roxanne’ from the film Moulin Rouge.
* Steve Backshall and Ola Jordan will be performing the American Smooth to ‘Rolling in the Deep’ by Adele.
* Sunetra Sarker and Brendan Cole will be performing the Samba to ‘I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’ by Scissor Sisters.