Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Jake Wood gets ready to rumba
- Credit: BBC/Guy Levy
EastEnders actor Jake Wood battles for a place on the bus to Blackpool’s Tower Ballroom in tonight’s (Saturday’s) Strictly Come Dancing show.
Strictly returns to BBC One tonight (Saturday, November 8) at 6.30pm.
As the 10 remaining couples take to the dance floor, the stakes are higher than ever, as each celebrity is not only dancing to stay in the competition but for the chance to dance at the iconic Blackpool Tower Ballroom next weekend.
Judges Len Goodman, Darcey Bussell, Bruno Tonioli and Craig Revel Horwood will once again critique each couple.
Snake-hipped Tewin talent Jake Wood will tackle the rumba tonight. Jake, who plays Max Branning in the BBC One soap, and professional dance partner Janette Manrara will perform to Strangers in the Night by Frank Sinatra.
You may also want to watch:
It has been another tough week training, with Jake shooting EastEnders and Janette struggling with sickness.
Earlier in the week, Jake Wood (@mrjakedwood) tweeted: “Been filming #EastEnders everyday for the last 3 weeks Still standing but need some inspiration for our Rumba please peeps”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
Dance partner Janette Manrara (@JManrara) also took to Twitter to update fans on their progress.
She posted: “This Rumba is proving to be just as difficult as the paso for @mrjakedwood. Crazy schedule w/ a very technical dance. We can do it Jakey!”
She later tweeted: “I’m on my way home after a long day & @mrjakedwood heads back to Eastenders! Well done for working so hard! #ImpressedBossLady @bbcstrictly”
Tonight’s programme will once again be co-hosted by Zoe Ball and Tess Daly, in the absence of Claudia Winkleman.
A BBC statement said: “Zoe Ball will co-host Strictly Come Dancing this week. All our thoughts and very best wishes are with Claudia and her family at this time.”
Here are this week’s dances and songs:
* Alison Hammond and Aljaž Skorjanec will be performing the Charleston to Friend like Me by Robin Williams, from the film Aladdin.
* Caroline Flack and Pasha Kovalev will perform a Waltz to Three Times a Lady by The Commodores.
* Frankie Bridge and Kevin Clifton will Samba to La Bamba by Connie Francis.
* Jake Wood and Janette Manrara will be performing the Rumba to Strangers in the Night by Frank Sinatra.
* Judy Murray and Anton Du Beke will be performing the Paso to I Fought the Law by The Clash.
* Mark Wright and Karen Hauer will Waltz to Weekend In New England by Barry Manilow.
* Pixie Lott and Trent Whiddon will dance the Foxtrot to When I’m Sixty Four by The Beatles.
* Simon Webbe and Kristina Rihanoff will Quickstep to I Got Rhythm by Bobby Darin.
* Steve Backshall and Ola Jordan will be performing the Paso to Use Somebody by Kings of Leon.
* Sunetra Sarker and Brendan Cole will be performing the Foxtrot to All of Me by John Legend.
* Strictly Come Dancing can be seen on BBC One at 6.30pm tonight (Saturday, November 8), with the Results Show on Sunday.