Standon Calling 2020 festival first headliner announcement coming soon
- Credit: KoLAB Studios
The first Standon Calling 2020 festival headliner is about to be revealed.
Taking place in the Hertfordshire countryside at Standon Lordship from Thursday, July 23 to Sunday, July 26, 2020, the independent boutique music and arts festival celebrates its 15 anniversary next year.
Organisers have got something special planned to mark the occasion, with the first headliner for next year's event due to be announced "very soon".
Standon Calling festival posted on its Instagram page: "First Headliner Announcement for 2020 Incoming! Who could it be?!"
A Standon newsletter sent to subscribers also read: "EXCITING TIMES!
You may also want to watch:
"The countdown for Standon Calling 2020 is well and truly under way - with our first headliner announcement just around the corner.
"We are really feeling the excitement from you lovely lot about our 15th anniversary edition and we want each and every one of you to join us.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 7 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 8 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Pupils present cheque from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity
"It's going to be unmissable."
Known for huge headliners and the best emerging talent, the festival confirmed on Twitter that the line-up announcement is coming "very soon".
This summer's Standon spectacular featured headline performances from chart-topping Human singer Rag 'n' Bone Man, Mercury Prize winners Wolf Alice, and the legendary Nile Rodgers & Chic.
Also appearing across the weekend were The Killing Moon favourites Echo and the Bunnymen, Idles and special guests Friendly Fires, the St Albans trio making a Standon Calling return 10 years on from their last appearance at Standon Lordship.
However, it was chart-topping Scottish singer Lewis Capaldi who drew the biggest crowd of the 2019 weekend.
The Someone You Loved star also found time before his Sunday set to meet some of the contenders taking part in the annual Standon Calling Dog Show.
Standon Calling has a habit of booking acts before they hit the big time, with the likes of Florence + The Machine and Paloma Faith playing the festival in their early days.
Paloma Faith returned in 2018 to headline the main stage on the Friday night, while that honour fell to Rag 'n' Bone Man earlier this year.
Recent Sunday night headliners at Standon Calling include Grace Jones in 2017, Roxy Music legend Bryan Ferry in 2018, and Nile Rodgers this summer.
Others to have headlined the main stage in recent years include Clean Bandit, Hertford's chart-topping Shotgun singer George Ezra, Jess Glynne, Suede, Basement Jaxx, Kelis, and Orbital.
Who is headlining Standon Calling 2020? Festival-goers will find out soon.
To buy tickets for the festival, visit the Standon Calling website at https://standon-calling.com/