Standon Calling 2017 in pictures – Clean Bandit, Laura Mvula and much more
- Credit: Kevin Richards
Thousands of festival-goers enjoyed this year’s Standon Calling in Hertfordshire.
Saturday at Standon Lordship saw the themed fancy dress parade, as well as main stage performances from the likes of Laura Mvula and headliners Clean Bandit.
Rain during the day failed to dampen the spirits of revellers, who enjoyed themselves despite the mud, as the likes of Fickle Friends, Cabbage, Nothing But Thieves, !!! (Chk Chk Chk) and Idles took to the stages dotted around the Hertfordshire site.
Rather Be and Rockabye chart-toppers Clean Bandit returned to the festival as the Saturday night headliners, with cellist Grace Chatto getting the crowd going.
There were also DJ sets from the likes of Lindstrom and Hot Chip’s Joe Goddard.
You may also want to watch:
• Here are our photographer Kevin Richards’ pictures from Saturday at Standon Calling 2017.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 5 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 6 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 9 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules