Standon Calling 2014 third festival headliner to be announced
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of Hertfordshire music festival Standon Calling are about to reveal the 2014 line-up’s third headliner.
The three-day event returns to the Hertfordshire countryside near Ware from Friday, August 1 to Sunday, August 3.
Folk-punk hero Frank Turner and his band The Sleeping Souls will headline the opening night at Standon Lordship.
Paul Smith’s alternative Geordie rockers Maxïmo Park will then top the bill on the Saturday night.
Music fans will find out next week, possibly either Monday or Tuesday, the “special guest headliner” that will bring the festival to a close on the main stage on the Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
A status update on the festival’s Facebook page today (Monday) read: “Third headliner booked and set to be announced soon!! So, who will bring down the curtain on Standon this summer?”
Tickets for this summer’s festival have been selling fast following the initial line-up announcement, and fans can expect another big name headliner on the final night.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
The festival’s official Twitter handle, @StandonCalling, tweeted last week: “Buzzzzzzzzzz goes our first line up announcement. We’ve never sold so many tickets after an announcement before...”
Fan @matthewfossey tweeted the festival: “Standon Calling looks enormous – frank turner and maximo park man.”
And Standon Calling replied: “@matthewfossey wait for third headliner!”
The Standon 2014 line-up also includes Amber Run, Beans On Toast, Charli XCX and recent UK chart-toppers Clean Bandit.
Also confirmed so far across the weekend are Easy Star All Stars, Leisure Society, Peace, Saint Raymond, Imperial Leisure, The Cuban Brothers, The Heavy, The Other Tribe, TOY and fast-rising UK star Ella Eyre, who stole the show at last month’s BRIT Awards by performing with Bastille and Rudimental.
The festival’s theme this year will be Lost in Latin America.
Super-early bird tickets have already sold out, but tier one adult weekend passes are available now from www.standon-calling.com at £119 for a limited period.
Days tickets may go on sale for Standon from June, depending on numbers of weekend sales.
Further announcements, including additions to the line-up, DJ programme, fringe entertainment, swimming pool area, dog show and more will be made over the coming months.
* For more festival news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ festival section.