Standon Calling 2014 Sunday line-up headliner is ‘off the scale’
- Credit: Archant
The third headliner for Hertfordshire music festival Standon Calling 2014 is due to be confirmed this week – and is “off the scale”, according to organisers.
The three-day family festival returns to the Hertfordshire countryside at Standon Lordship, near Ware, from Friday, August 1 to Sunday, August 3.
Folk-punk hero Frank Turner and his band The Sleeping Souls will headline the opening night at Standon.
Alternative rockers Maxïmo Park will top the Standon bill on the Saturday.
And music fans are due to find out later this week the “special guest headliner” that will bring the festival to a close on the main stage on the Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
A tweet on Saturday from the festival’s official Twitter handle, @StandonCalling, read: “So excited about next week’s announcement. Headliner is off the scale....”
Also confirmed so far across the weekend are Easy Star All Stars, Leisure Society, Peace, Saint Raymond, Imperial Leisure, The Cuban Brothers, The Heavy, The Other Tribe, TOY and fast-rising UK star Ella Eyre, who stole the show at last month’s BRIT Awards by performing with both Bastille and Rudimental.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 5 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
The festival’s theme this year will be Lost in Latin America.
Tier one adult weekend passes are available now from www.standon-calling.com at £119 for a limited period.
* For more festival news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ festival section.