Soundgarden for Sonisphere?
REFORMED rock band Soundgarden are rumoured for this year’s Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House.
The Seattle grunge legends – contemporaries of Nirvana and Pearl Jam in the 90s – got back together on New Year’s Day after a 12-year hiatus.
And this week’s NME says Chris Cornell and Co are talking to Sonisphere organisers.
Soundgarden are also rumoured for the touring festival on website www.efestivals.co.uk, along with Megadeth.
Best known for Grammy Award-winning single Black Hole Sun, the American quartet went their separate ways in 1997.
Lead singer Cornell later formed Audioslave and then embarked on a solo career, with mixed results.
However, his solo effort You Know My Name was used in the James Bond film Casino Royale, Daniel Craig’s first outing as 007.
- 1 Overgrown country lane 'is danger' to users, says mother
- 2 LIVE: Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield A-level results 2022
- 3 Hunt for stolen labrador puppy from Welwyn Garden City
- 4 Crane hire company with Welwyn Garden City depot goes into administration
- 5 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 6 Campaigners hit out at Spectator’s ‘the folly of garden cities’ piece
- 7 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 8 Kaiser Chiefs to perform extra show at Pub in the Park 2022 in St Albans
- 9 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 10 Disney's Encanto, The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man movie set for free outdoor cinema in Welwyn Garden City town centre
Cornell announced on January 1 that he was getting back together with lead guitarist Kim Thayil, drummer Matt Cameron and bassist Ben Shepherd and there would be a Soundgarden reunion this year, although no firm details of where they will be playing have been revealed yet.
Cameron is also the permanent drummer for alternative rockers Pearl Jam, who are playing Hard Rock Calling in London’s Hyde Park on June 25 and a string of dates across Europe in early July.
British heavy metal giants Iron Maiden and German band Rammstein have already been confirmed as headliners for the three-day Sonisphere Festival taking place within Knebworth’s grounds from July 30 to August 1.
Others on the bill include the legendary Alice Cooper, who will close the Saturn stage on the Friday night, British alt-rockers Placebo, thrash metal acts Slayer and Anthrax, Papa Roach, The Cult, M�tley Cr�e and Iggy & The Stooges.
Last year’s inaugural Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth saw the likes of Metallica, Linkin Park, Nine Inch Nails, Heaven & Hell and Alice in Chains play before a total weekend audience of 80,000.