Sonisphere Festival headliner up for 2014 UK Festival Award
- Credit: Archant
While metal fans wait for Sonisphere 2015 dates and line-up news, there is still time to vote for this summer’s Knebworth festival in the 2014 UK Festival Awards.
The UK leg of the international touring rock and metal extravaganza took place in the grounds of Knebworth House in July, with The Prodigy, Iron Maiden and Metallica headlining the main Apollo Stage over the three nights.
The fourth UK Sonisphere is up for three gongs at the UK Festival Awards 2014, with voting closing on Monday.
Sonisphere, which helped Knebworth House celebrate its 40th anniversary of being an outdoor music venue, is up for ‘Best Major Festival’, a category for events catering for 40,000 plus capacities.
The Knebworth music festival is up against the likes of Glastonbury, Bestival, V Festival, Creamfields, Wireless, Reading & Leeds, Download, Isle of Wight, T in the Park, British Summer Time Hyde Park and Global Gathering.
You may also want to watch:
Despite explosive headline sets from Iron Maiden and Metallica on the Saturday and Sunday respectively, Friday night’s show from The Prodigy is shortlisted for ‘Best Headline Performance’.
Others in the category are Glastonbury’s three 2014 headliners, Arcade Fire, Kasabian and Metallica, T in the Park’s Biffy Clyro, Black Sabbath at British Summer Time, The Killers at V Festival, Arctic Monkeys and Queens of the Stone Age at Reading & Leeds, Linkin Park at Download and previous Knebworth headliners Red Hot Chili Peppers at Isle of Wight.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
Sonisphere is also on the long list of ‘Best Toilets’ nominees.
The winners in the 11th edition of the UK Festival Awards will be announced and presented at a glitzy award ceremony at London’s legendary Roundhouse on Monday, December 1, the evening of the UK Festival Conference, which gathers the leading lights of the industry in the same venue.
No dates or headliners for Sonisphere 2015 have been confirmed yet.
After this summer’s three-day metal bash in the Hertfordshire countryside, Sonisphere co-founder Stuart Galbraith said: “We’re already working hard on lining up headliners for 2015 and will make further announcements in due course.”
And last week KiliLive booker Alan Day said he was working on next year’s festival.
Asked on Twitter whether there was any news on Sonisphere 2015, Team Sonisphere member @alandayrocks tweeted back: “Working on it!”