Sonisphere 2014 Sky Arts festival highlights programmes on this week
- Credit: NPAS – Boreham
Sky has confirmed details of the Sonisphere Festival 2014 highlights programmes to be screened on TV over the August Bank Holiday weekend.
The international touring festival took place in the grounds of Knebworth House last month, with The Prodigy, Iron Maiden and Metallica headlining the three days of rock and metal mayhem.
Deftones, Gary Numan, HIM, Alice in Chains, The Dropkick Murphys and Anthrax also performed their greatest hits to 50,000 metal fans at the Hertfordshire stately home over the weekend.
Three evenings of highlights from the 2014 festival at Knebworth Park will be screened on satellite channel Sky Arts 1 HD from Friday, August 22 at 9pm.
The first programme lasts for 90 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
British heavy metal legends Iron Maiden kick off the first of three shows from the Apollo Stage, with crowd-pleasing performances of Aces High and The Trooper.
Sky’s live footage package will also show Gary Numan on stage playing number one hit Cars.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park
Songs from Alice in Chains, Dream Theater and Airbourne will also feature in the TV highlights.
Sunday night headliners Metallica, whose Sonisphere set was chosen by a fan vote, will round off the show.
To see a video of Metallica blasting through Seek And Destroy at Sonisphere, visit Sky here.
The first highlights programme from Knebworth will be repeated at 3.25am on Saturday, August 23.
The second 90-minute Sky Arts Sonisphere episode will be screened from 9pm on Saturday, August 23, with Iron Maiden, Metallica, HIM, Deftones, Airbourne, Frank Turner, Dropkick Murphys and Dream Theater featuring.
It will be repeated at 3am on Sunday, August 24.
The third and final 90-minute highlights show will air at 9pm on Sunday, August 24, with music from Anthrax, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Mastodon, Alice in Chains and Dropkick Murphys.
Metallica fans can also buy individual MP3s of live tracks from the thrash metal band’s July 6 festival performance at Knebworth or the whole Sonisphere concert.
The entire By Request European tour, including Metallica’s date at Glastonbury, is available to download from www.livemetallica.com
* For the latest festival news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ Sonisphere Festival section.