Sonisphere 2014 line-up announcement next week for Knebworth festival
- Credit: Archant
Another wave of bands will be announced for the Knebworth line-up of Sonisphere Festival 2014 next week.
The three-day rock and metal event returns to the grounds of Knebworth House from Friday, July 4 to Sunday, July 6.
The UK leg of Sonisphere will help celebrate Knebworth’s 40th anniversary of staging huge rock concerts, with The Prodigy, Iron Maiden and Metallica headlining over the weekend.
Thirty-two bands have so far been confirmed by promoters, and organisers are ready to reveal “at least 14” more acts for the touring festival’s Knebworth showcase.
Team Sonisphere booker Alan Day, @alandayrocks, confirmed the latest line-up announcement via Twitter today (Thursday).
The festival’s official Twitter handle, @sonisphere, tweeted: “@alandayrocks what go on? Got a quiet news day here.”
You may also want to watch:
The KiliLive promoter responded: “got a load more acts booked for Knebworth. At least 14 to announce next week sometime…”
Sonisphere’s Twitter account retweeted Alan Day’s reply, adding: “SWEET!”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
The band announcement has since been confirmed for Monday at 5.30pm.
Earlier this month alternative metallers Deftones and Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls were added to the rock event’s line-up, with both playing on the same stage as Saturday headliners Iron Maiden.
Also confirmed in February’s earlier announcement were American ska punk pioneers Reel Big Fish, Canadian progressive metal band Protest The Hero and Scottish pirate metallers Alestorm.
Others announced were Truckfighters, Kerbdog, Only Crime, Blitz Kids, Itch, Max Raptor and Hounds.
Electronic dance-rock giants The Prodigy will play the opening Friday night, with nu-metal favourites Limp Bizkit also returning to the Hertfordshire stately home as special guests.
British heavy metal legends Iron Maiden will top the Sonisphere bill on the second day, bringing their Maiden England World Tour to an explosive finale at Knebworth.
American thrash metal titans Metallica will close the festival on the Sunday night with their interactive ‘By Request’ set list, as chosen by ticket holders.
Seattle grunge survivors Alice in Chains will appear on the main Apollo stage before Metallica.
Also appearing across the weekend are the likes of Slayer, Anthrax, Airbourne, Mastodon, Dropkick Murphys, The Sisters of Mercy, Chas & Dave and Devin Townsend Project.
For further information please visit the Sonisphere Festival website at www.sonisphere.co.uk
* For pictures of previous Sonisphere Festivals at Knebworth, look through our gallery of images.
* Keep checking back at the Welwyn Hatfield Times website for the latest line-up news, interviews and ticket information.