Sonisphere 2014 festival day tickets go on sale next week
- Credit: Sonisphere
Day tickets will go on sale for Knebworth music festival Sonisphere 2014 next week.
The three-day rock and metal event will return to the grounds of Knebworth House from Friday, July 4 to Sunday, July 6. All campsites will open on the Thursday.
The Prodigy, Iron Maiden and Metallica will headline the festival, with the Sonisphere 2014 line-up also including Dream Theater, Limp Bizkit, Deftones, Alice in Chains, Slayer, Mastodon, Anthrax and Airbourne.
Also playing across the weekend are The Sisters of Mercy, Chas & Dave, Dropkick Murphys, Devin Townsend Project, Gojira, Reel Big Fish and Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls.
The fourth UK edition of Sonisphere will help celebrate 40 years of rock concerts at the Hertfordshire stately home.
You may also want to watch:
So far only weekend tickets for the festival have been made available to the public.
But organisers have now revealed when day tickets will go on sale, along with news of when the festival day splits will be confirmed.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
Sonisphere’s official Twitter handle, @Sonisphere, announced the news earlier today (Friday).
The festival tweeted: “Day Tickets and Day splits on sale Wednesday next week Wednesday 19th at 5pm”
Of the stage splits so far known, dance rock titans The Prodigy will headline the opening Friday night, with Jacksonville nu-metallers Limp Bizkit their special guests on July 4 – American Independence Day.
British heavy metal legends Iron Maiden will top the main Apollo stage line-up on Saturday, July 5.
This date will bring the band’s acclaimed Maiden England World Tour to a close.
Deftones will be the sub-headliners, with huge Iron Maiden fan Frank Turner also expected to play on the second day of Sonisphere 2014.
American thrash metal giants Metallica will headline Sonisphere on the Sunday, playing a set chosen by their fans.
They will be joined on the main stage by Seattle favourites Alice in Chains.
Progressive metallers Dream Theater have been confirmed as Sunday’s headline act on the Saturn stage.
Sonisphere’s two main outdoor arenas – named Apollo and Saturn – alternate, ensuring there are no clashes on the two stages.
Camping tickets and weekend passes are already on sale, with the festival’s deposit scheme available until April 1.
Budding festival-goers have less than a month to reserve their tickets for an initial payment of just £50.
Check the official Sonisphere website at www.sonisphere.co.uk for further details.