Sonisphere 2011 festival dates for Knebworth announced
DATES for the 2011 Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth have been announced.
The three-day rock and metal event will take place in the grounds of Knebworth House from Friday, July 8 to Sunday, July 10.
This is three weeks earlier than this year’s festival headlined by veteran shock-rocker Alice Cooper, German metallers Rammstein and British heavy metal legends Iron Maiden.
No headliners have been confirmed for 2011 yet.
However, John Jackson, who created the international touring event with Stuart Galbraith, let slip that Slipknot’s Corey Taylor could well return to Knebworth for a third year in a row.
You may also want to watch:
When asked at a press conference during the 2010 Sonisphere who might headline next year, he said: “We can’t say just yet, but we have some ideas.”
He added: “Corey Taylor announced that he’d see everyone next year.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 4 Police disperse large group near the university
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
“Now he’s got two other bands [Slipknot and Stone Sour]. I’ll leave that for you to guess... or it could be both!”
Sonisphere is up for a number of gongs at tonight’s (Thursday’s) UK Festival Awards, including best major festival and best headliner for Rammstein.