Music industry award for Hatfield festival
- Credit: Archant
An annual Hatfield music festival has picked up a major industry award.
Slam Dunk Festival, which took place at the University of Hertfordshire’s College Lane Campus on Spring May Bank Holiday Monday this year, picked up the ‘Best Metropolitan Festival’ at the 14th UK Festival Awards.
The festival posted on its Facebook page: “THANK YOU FOR VOTING! We are proud to announce that we have been awarded ‘Best Metropolitan Festival’ by the Festival Awards 2017!
“See you next year for #SDF18!”
The touring pop punk, ska punk, metal and alternative rock event visits Leeds, Birmingham and Hatfield over the same weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Next year’s Slam Dunk South leg will move venue from the university’s The Forum Hertfordshire site to the grounds of Hatfield House.
Slam Dunk 2018 will be co-headlined by Jimmy Eat World with Taking Back Sunday, Sleeping With Sirens, Trash Boat, State Champs and Four Year Strong so far confirmed.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 5 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 6 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 9 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
A second line-up announcement will be made on Sunday night, when another headliner will be confirmed.
• For more on the festival visit http://slamdunkmusic.com