Slam Dunk 2018 line-up: Jimmy Eat World to headline Hatfield music festival
- Credit: Archant
Organisers have announced the first acts playing next year’s Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield including the main stage headliner.
Promoters of the touring pop punk, ska punk, metal and alt-rock festival this morning confirmed the first six bands appearing next May.
Jimmy Eat World will headline Slam Dunk Festival 2018.
They will be joined in the grounds of Hatfield House by Taking Back Sunday, Sleeping with Sirens, Four Year Strong, State Champs and Trash Boat over the Spring May Bank Holiday weekend.
All six acts revealed in the first line-up announcement will be UK festival exclusives as Slam Dunk Festival South moves from the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield to its new location across town in Hatfield Park.
You may also want to watch:
The venue switch will see the South leg of the alternative rock extravaganza double in size in the grounds of the Hertfordshire stately home.
Of the SDF18 bands announced so far, headliners Jimmy Eat World will be making their debut Slam Dunk appearance.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 5 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
The anthemic American rock stalwarts will no doubt play hit single The Middle, as well as tracks from albums such as Bleed American, Futures, and their most recent release, Integrity Blues.
Joining the Arizona heavyweights are the New Jersey kings of heartbreak, Taking Back Sunday.
They will be returning to Slam Dunk Festival having headlined in Hatfield back in 2012. They also played the main stage in 2015.
Floridian icons Sleeping With Sirens will also return to the UK’s shores for Slam Dunk next May.
Charismatic vocalist Kellin Quinn said: “Can’t wait to get back and rock Slam Dunk Festival next year.”
Four Year Strong, American pop punks State Champs and St Albans band Trash Boat will also return to the festival in 2018.
State Champs’ Derek DiScanio said: “Slam Dunk was the first UK festival we ever played on our first trip overseas in 2014.
“We’ve been eager to Dunk again, and 2018 is our year.
“Everyone involved with this festival is top notch and I can’t wait to make some new memories with everyone attending this time around. It’s gonna be wild.”
As well as visiting Hatfield on Sunday, May 27, Slam Dunk Festival will take place in Leeds city centre on Saturday, May 26.
The final leg of the festival, Slam Dunk Midlands, will take over the NEC in Birmingham on Bank Holiday Monday, May 28.
Tickets for Slam Dunk 2018 go on sale at 9am on Friday, November 17.
• Visit http://slamdunkmusic.com/ for more details.