Slam Dunk Festival 2017 line-up set for Fearless Invasion with I Prevail UK debut
- Credit: Archant
Organisers have given festival fans a sneak peek at this week’s latest Slam Dunk 2017 line-up announcement.
Detroit rock band I Prevail have today (Monday) announced their debut UK shows this May in support of their debut album, Lifelines, which has now sold over 100,000 records worldwide.
They will be appearing at Slam Dunk in Leeds, Birmingham and Hatfield over the late May Bank Holiday weekend, along with Ice Nine Kills and Oceans Ate Alaska.
Slam Dunk South returns to the University of Hertfordshire’s College Lane Campus and The Forum Hertfordshire in Hatfield on Bank Holiday Monday, May 29.
The festival posted on its Facebook page: “NEXT #SDF17 ANNOUNCEMENT SNEAK PEEK! The Fearless Records Invasion is coming! We are stoked to announce that I Prevail will be making their UK debut at this year’s festival alongside Boston’s Ice Nine Kills & Birmingham’s very own Oceans Ate Alaska as part of the #FearlessInvasion!!”
You may also want to watch:
As well as Slam Dunk Midlands at the Birmingham NEC, Slam Dunk North in Leeds city centre and the closing Hatfield leg on May 29, the group will also headline at London’s Camden Underworld on May 31.
A statement from the band said: “From the day we started I Prevail we’ve had an insane amount of support coming from the UK.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
“The rock music community there is world class.
“We couldn’t be more excited to be a part of a festival like Slam Dunk and to have the chance to headline an amazing city like London.
“We’ve been waiting a very long time to head across the pond and give it our all performing for the fans that mean so much to us. See you all soon.”
St Albans quartet Enter Shikari will headline Slam Dunk 2017, with Bowling for Soup, Less Than Jake, Don Broco, Beartooth and Reel Big Fish also announced so far.
Advance tickets for Slam Dunk cost £44, or £49 with after party.
• For more on Slam Dunk, visit the festival’s website at http://slamdunkmusic.com/