Simon Pegg to set off fireworks at Hatfield House display
HOLLYWOOD star Simon Pegg will be helping to set off the fireworks at this weekend’s Hatfield House display.
The Hertfordshire-based actor will take a break from filming new movie The World’s End to start Saturday’s spectacular display in the grounds of the stately home.
Gates to the park open at 5pm on November 3 and the bonfire will be lit at 6.30pm.
Entertainment will be provided by Knebworth-based radio station Jack FM in the build up to the firework display.
There will also be a funfair and catering on site offering hot food and drinks.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost �6 for adults and �3 for children. It’s free for under-5s.
Advance tickets can be purchased from Campus West, in Welwyn Garden City, in person or by phoning 01707 357117.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 9 Nursey goes 'climate positive' by offsetting their carbon footprint
- 10 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
Tickets will also be available on the gate on the night. However, this will be by cash only.
All entrance gates close at 6.30pm.
Saturday’s event will be in support of Welwyn Hatfield mayor Helen Bromley’s charities, Home Start and Dogs for the Disabled.
Simon Pegg, who has previously starred in Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead, has been a familiar face around Welwyn Garden City in recent weeks shooting scenes for his new movie at various pubs in the town centre.
The World’s End is to be the final episode in the so-called Cornetto Trilogy or the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy, and again sees Pegg team up with comedy sidekick Nick Frost and director Edgar Wright.
Martin Freeman, soon to be seen on screen in The Hobbit, and Paddy Considine also star in the film about a group of friends who attempt to recreate an epic pub crawl.
Filming has finished in WGC with the crew on set this week in Letchworth Garden City.