Rhythms of the World 2014 festival returns to Hitchin Priory
- Credit: Archant
Hertfordshire music festival Rhythms of the World 2014 will be held at Hitchin Priory again this summer.
After last year’s two-day event was cancelled, the annual festival of world music, dance, art and cuisine will make its eagerly-awaited comeback on Saturday, August 2 and Sunday, August 3.
The festival’s Twitter feed @rotwfestival tweeted: “We’re back! Save the date 2/3rd August at Hitchin Priory.”
The rain-hit 2012 weekend turned Hitchin Priory’s grounds into a mud bath.
A full blown festival did not take place last year, after an alternative site could not be found by organisers, although a number of smaller concerts were held in various pubs and venues around town.
You may also want to watch:
Following a change in ownership at Hitchin Priory, Rhythms will return to its traditional home this summer.
However, the dates have been pushed back to the first weekend of August due to prior bookings.
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 7 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 8 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
This means ROTW will take place over the same weekend as fellow Hertfordshire music festival Standon Calling, at Standon Lordship, near Ware.
Standon Calling 2014, which takes place from August 1-3, will be headlined by Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls and Maximo Park over the first two nights, with the Sunday closer to be confirmed.
Electronic dance music festival Eastern Electrics 2014 will also take place on Saturday, August 2 at new venue Hatfield House, having moved from Knebworth Park.
The line-up for ROTW 2014 and full ticket details will be announced over the coming weeks.