Reading and Leeds Festival world exclusive from Enter Shikari band members
- Credit: Photo supplied
HAVING already confirmed appearances at Glastonbury and Download this summer, Enter Shikari will also be at Reading and Leeds Festivals – albeit in ‘disguise’.
Fresh from their sold-out homecoming Return to Energiser tour date at the Forum in Hatfield, the electronic influenced post-hardcore quartet from St Albans have been added to the bill for the August Bank Holiday weekend bashes.
However, music fans are in for a surprise as Rou Reynolds, Rory Clewlow, Chris Batten and Rob Rolfe will be unveiling new outfit Shikari Sound System.
Famous for blurring the lines between musical genres, Shikari Sound System is the electronic alter-ego of Enter Shikari and the quartet’s world debut will be as headliners of the Rock Stage.
Having DJ’d and produced in various side projects over the years, they have finally decided to fully elope with live dance music.
Enter Shikari have a deep history with Reading and Leeds –attending as teenagers, and having played the festival five times in the past seven years.
Explaining Shikari Sound System, the band said: “Expect re-worked Enter Shikari tracks along with classic remixes and new surprises.
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 3 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 9 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City
- 10 Local Plan guidelines clarified following ‘green fields’ confusion
“Expect eerie live electronics and tent-peg-dislodging baselines.
“Expect a tour through many dance tempos and electronic genres that have been a constant inspiration to our band’s sound.
“Combining both live instruments and percussion with dub-plate wizardry, this is one for the skankers, the steppers, the movers and the shakers.”
Further expanding on that via Twitter, frontman Rou tweeted: “Ok I’ll be as simple as possible: @ESSoundSystem IS @ENTERSHIKARI (yes the same 4 scallywags) but playing a DANCE set using LIVE electronics”
He later tweeted: “Some folk still struggling with ‘Live electronics’. Live electronics means keyboards, effects modules, sequencers etc.
“If u only listen to metal/hxc/punk then perhaps @ESSoundSystem won’t be for u. If you enjoy D&B/breaks/electronica/dubstep it WILL be for u”
Reading and Leeds take place from Friday, August 23 to Sunday, August 25, with the main stage headlined over the weekend by American rapper Eminem, American rock-punks Green Day and Scottish rock trio Biffy Clyro.