Public Enemy to headline Standon Calling 2014 festival line-up
- Credit: Archant
Believe the hype! Pioneering hip-hop group Public Enemy have been confirmed as the final main stage headliner for Hertfordshire music festival Standon Calling 2014.
The family-friendly music festival returns to Standon Lordship in the Hertfordshire countryside near Ware from Friday, August 1 to Sunday, August 3.
And Public Enemy are now confirmed as a main stage headliner.
The groundbreaking hip-hop group joins fellow headliners Maximo Park and Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls.
Also added to proceedings is another hip-hop legend in Grandmaster Flash, Shapeshifter and new talents East India Youth, Young Fathers and Say Lou Lou.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Standon Calling has bagged alternative-pop courtesy of Eliza & The Bear and duo Thumpers, indie from Norwegians Team Me, plus rock n’ roll from Domino records signing The Bohicas.
Adult weekend tickets are priced £119 each and are available from www.standon-calling.com
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'