Peter Pan role is a dream come true for St Albans panto star
PLAYING Peter Pan in pantomime this winter is a dream come true for a children’s TV presenter.
CBeebies favourite Katy Ashworth will star in Peter Pan at The Alban Arena in St Albans from Friday, December 10.
The panto runs until January 2, 2011, and the 23-year-old I Can Cook presenter can’t wait to take on her dream role.
Katy will star alongside actor Larry Lamb, who played Archie Mitchell in BBC1 soap EastEnders and was also in hit sitcom Gavin & Stacey.
A skilled singer and musician, Katy is looking forward to working with Larry.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We’ve only briefly met, but I know we’ll get on great – despite the fact that he’s Captain Hook to my Peter Pan!
“To be honest, I was surprised to be approached for the role, but it couldn’t be more perfect: Peter Pan is my ultimate favourite character in a pantomime role.”
- 1 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 4 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 5 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 6 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 8 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 9 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
She added: “I truly believe that we can all be Peter Pan. I still play and be silly all the time, and I’m 23!
“When you’re in the real world, you have to pretend to be an adult – but Peter Pan would never do that.
“When I told my friends that I was playing Peter Pan, they couldn’t believe I’d landed the ideal role!
“It’s going to be really wonderful to be on a stage again, where I can bound about and release all that energy.
“Peter Pan is such a free character – like me! – and I can’t wait to get stuck into the role.”
EastEnders and Gavin & Stacey favourite Larry Lamb, meanwhile, is looking forward to exercising his evil skills on stage.
He said: “There’s no such thing as a nice Captain Hook – he’s the ultimate baddie, and I look forward to doing him justice.
“It’s a classic panto and my kids have always been desperate for me to do one.”
Comedy actor Ben Roddy will star as Smee in the St Albans panto with local radio personality Tank Montana playing Starkey the Pirate.
Peter Pan promises dazzling sets and costumes, fabulous musical numbers and fun-packed comedy for all the family with lots of audience participation.
Tickets start at �15 and for more information visit the Alban Arena website.