Panto favourite Paul Laidlaw announced for Aladdin cast at Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage
- Credit: Alan Davies
A Stevenage pantomime favourite has been confirmed for this year's Christmas production.
Creatives at the Gordon Craig Theatre today (Good Friday) announced that Stevenage panto legend Paul Laidlaw is returning for this year's rescheduled production of Aladdin.
After a year without the traditional Stevenage panto, Paul will play Widow Twankey in the family-friendly festive treat at the theatre in Lytton Way.
From the team behind 2019’s award-winning production of Beauty & the Beast, Aladdin is set to run at the Gordon Craig from Friday, November 26, 2021 to Sunday, January 23, 2022, with tickets on sale now.
Pantomime Dame Paul said: “Hooray, we’re back!
"Christmas 2020 was the weirdest time ever; the first time in I don’t know how long that I wasn’t doing panto.
"But hey, I’m back this year in a fabulous new production of Aladdin.
- 1 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 5 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 6 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 7 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Brookmans Park pub celebrates welcoming back visitors on April 12
"It’s going to be amazing, bigger and better than ever.
"I’ve missed you all and can’t wait to see you again. Widow Twankey is on her way!”
It will be a magic carpet ride worth waiting for!
Widow Twankey wants a husband, evil Abanazaar wants the magic lamp, Aladdin wants adventure, and poor Wishee Washee wants a clean vest!
Can the Genie grant their wishes?
The panto from Jordan Productions promises dazzling costumes, spectacular sets, and magical special effects, with more cast announcements soon.
You can book your favourite seats with confidence now with the Gordon Craig's COVID guarantee from www.gordon-craig.co.uk/aladdin-i2427
All shows advertised are due to go-ahead as planned.
If affected by restrictions caused by the coronavirus pandemic and the latest government advice, the venue will endeavour to reschedule and all tickets will transfer to the new date.
Ticket holders will be entitled to a full refund or credit note if the rescheduled date is not suitable.
All tickets booked for the 2020/2021 show have automatically moved across to the equivalent date this year, and the same seats have been retained.